Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 27, 2019, 01:33:56 AM
Not really a whif, but...  :rolleyes:
It's actually a DIY kit!
Lovely P-51, completing the Mustang family! Thanks!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

scooter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 27, 2019, 01:39:32 AM
Quote from: scooter on February 26, 2019, 03:49:26 PM
Saw this rather awesome VF-1 maintenance dio browsing Pintrest this evening:

Any idea or indication which kit this is? It's a VF-1D two seater, and AFAIK this should be the 1:72 Hasegawa kit (since there's no bigger D kit around). That's impressive.

Nope.  It could also be the Bandai 1/72 VF-1D variable kit.  I've got one of those lurking in my stash.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Tophe

:wub: I love this what-if plane, found on the Web:

It is featuring the Renault 5 car, and in 1972-75 when I was 8-11 year old I thought "this lovely car will be mine when I grow up!" ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

chrisonord

That's brilliant, even if it does look like it has been painted with la merde!!  ;D ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rick Lowe

Love the Mustang pedal car!  :thumbsup:
Get the neighbour to buy his kid a Messerschmitt or Zero and have them dogfighting all around the neighbourhood all day - with the obligatory cessation of hostilities for milk and cookie breaks, of course!

TheChronicOne

I'd the b@$$%&! that turns a baseball pitching machine into a flak 88 and plays along...     :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Scotaidh

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 27, 2019, 11:31:53 AM
I'd the b@$$%&! that turns a baseball pitching machine into a flak 88 and plays along...     :wacko:

So long as you fire raquet-balls I don't think anyone would mind.  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on February 27, 2019, 04:26:04 AM
:wub: I love this what-if plane, found on the Web:

It is featuring the Renault 5 car, and in 1972-75 when I was 8-11 year old I thought "this lovely car will be mine when I grow up!" ;D

brilliant !

and the pedal P51 too !

Weaver

Posted on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/StansaidAirport/status/1101780281604870144

Worth clicking on the link just to read the replies... :wacko:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

From here: https://retrofuturismblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/aircraft.html

Loads of other cool flying machines on that link too.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Posted on Twitter by Closer Than We Think: https://twitter.com/CloserThanThink/status/1104502045858455552

This Twitter account exists to support a documentary by the director of @theperfect46 about the art & life of Arthur Radebaugh. Winner - Best Documentary - @boston_scifi - now available on @Vimeo

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Dawn Patrol. My latest digital illustration derived from a recent commission. Next generation long range supersonic aircraft based on a Northrop Grumman concept."

Posted on Twitter by Aldo Spadoni: https://twitter.com/aldo_spadoni/status/1104534047236096000

- Indiana Jones

chrisonord

I really, like that. I would certainly bankrupt myself to buy a 1/72nd scale one of those.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Yes, very smart. It's got a bit of 'rounded off' Convair Kingfish about it me thinks.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit