Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Great in line engined Corsair! (even if I would remove the nose radiator, for beauty) :unsure:
Thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

I DO like the look of that.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

I think we can all agree that after the apocalypse fuel is going to be hard to come by.
In which case, why is the first thing people do usually to modify a big thirsty vehicle?  In the case of Mad Mad they even add extra engines and superchargers to make them even thirstier.
Reality is more likely to be a Prius with solar panels and a hand cranked generator.

OK.  Soap box going away now.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2019, 02:18:11 AM

Is that your post apocalypse soap box ? Obviously made from a pre apocalypse box  ;) If so don't do what my mate did once when we were 8 or 9 and forget to fit a brake  :banghead:

I do know what you mean though  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Certainly not post apocalypse soap as judging by the look of most movies they don't use any after the "big one".
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on June 14, 2019, 02:18:11 AM
I think we can all agree that after the apocalypse fuel is going to be hard to come by.
In which case, why is the first thing people do usually to modify a big thirsty vehicle?  In the case of Mad Mad they even add extra engines and superchargers to make them even thirstier.
Reality is more likely to be a Prius with solar panels and a hand cranked generator.

Or a Chevy Volt, Tesla, Nissan Leaf, insert hybrid/electric car marque here.  If its a multifuel, though and assuming airport storage tanks haven't been turned into canned heat, Jet A will probably still be available, as will various flavors of JP and kero.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

Post apocalyptic equivalent of the Rolex slipping down the wrist. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Scotaidh

I don't dwell on the apocalypse, but I think if and when, anything that needs a liquid fuel will be using home-made alcohol.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rheged

Quote from: Scotaidh on June 14, 2019, 01:30:22 PM
I don't dwell on the apocalypse, but I think if and when, anything that needs a liquid fuel will be using home-made alcohol.

Fermenting and distilling isn't very difficult as a technique......think of all of those illicit stills throughout the Highlands of Scotland  some years ago........and if you do get a particularly  tasty batch, sell or barter it for even more fuel.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

But big trucks with lots of guns make better movies!!
Actually all those guns will become useless as soon as the ammo runs out. And machine guns use lots of ammo.
A handful of people running around beating each other with sticks is a boring movie.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on June 14, 2019, 06:31:11 PM
But big trucks with lots of guns make better movies!!
Actually all those guns will become useless as soon as the ammo runs out. And machine guns use lots of ammo.
A handful of people running around beating each other with sticks is a boring movie.

That's why Penguin is so "powerful" in Gotham. He has the ammo and the ability to make more  ;)

Sticks ? Would be quite easy to make spear and bows I would have thought and then in the "real world" those of us with an interest in and knowledge of ancient military tactics become all powerful  :angel: ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

When I was living in the UK during the Eighties my plan for when the bombs dropped was to go to the top of the nearest hill, face the blast and hope it was quick.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2019, 06:56:44 PM
When I was living in the UK during the Eighties my plan for when the bombs dropped was to go to the top of the nearest hill, face the blast and hope it was quick.

I have a memory of walking down the road with my mum and her friend during the Cuban Missile crisis and my mum's friend said "Oh well, looks like war tomorrow then". It was the fact that she was so matter of fact about it that stuck in mind to this day. I can only think that they were still thinking in terms of the Blitz ? Mind you as we had a secret (everyone knew it was there) Government control centre only 100 yards or so away from our flat I suspect things might have been quick ?

Green Dragon

So long as you can still grow things like Rape you'll be able to run diesel engines no problem. You can crush the stuff, strain the lumpy bits out and most disels will run on it.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)