Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 22, 2019, 05:38:01 AM
It's a German engined Italian airframe originally, isn't it?

Basically - yes
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2019, 06:00:01 AM

Basically - yes

Yup, and it has certain similarities with the stillborn, turbocharged Su-3 fighter (note the radiator outlet behind the cockpit!):

loupgarou

Basically - yes
It should quite well known. It's a Macchi MC 202 (or 205). I am surprisedabout the doubts.  :o
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 22, 2019, 08:15:05 AM

Basically - yes

Yup, and it has certain similarities with the stillborn, turbocharged Su-3 fighter (note the radiator outlet behind the cockpit!):

Three Su3s were flown according to Gunston's encyclopaedia of Russian Aircraft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 23, 2019, 12:45:17 AM
Doubts?  :unsure:

Well, I have not seen any positive identification here, if I am not wrong.

"Looks Italian."
"It's a German engined Italian airframe originally, isn't it?"

And should be easily recognizable even by english speaking people, there is even an early Frog model of it.  ;D

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on July 23, 2019, 05:03:43 AM

And should be easily recognizable even by english speaking people, there is even an early Frog model of it.  ;D

Which I think I had  ;D

I think most of us knew what is was and working on the basis of "not teaching your grandmother to suck eggs" (whatever that may mean ?  ;)) worked on the basis that everyone did.

Mind you it can get a bit confusing with all the various Macchi's, Reggiane's and Fiat's bearing an uncanny resemblence.

I've seen that Su-3 lurking in the resin part of the stash at some point, not sure if I soold it on ? Don't think it was Interavia though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

perttime

Quote from: loupgarou on July 23, 2019, 05:03:43 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 23, 2019, 12:45:17 AM
Doubts?  :unsure:

Well, I have not seen any positive identification here, if I am not wrong.

"Looks Italian."
"It's a German engined Italian airframe originally, isn't it?"

Fiat G.55, I believe.

That is based on comparing Wikipedia images of Fiat G.55, Macchi C.205, and Reggiane Re.2005. They have very similar lines from the side, but the fins/rudders are different.

kitnut617

Considering it has this in the caption "Not an exact copy of the Second World War fighter" and mentions it's Soviet, I'd say it's a mash up of various different aircraft.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

It's a G.55, here's one of Clave's RW profiles.

Dizzyfugu

Came across this ...creation:

Tthe missile and its launch placement create some concerns, though.  ;)

Dizzyfugu

...and then I found this pretty retro Audi R8 concept. Looks IMHO a lot better than the real one:

Interesting article to go with it (incl. more concept pics) here: https://audiclubna.org/what-if-audi-built-the-r8-in-the-1980s/

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 30, 2019, 06:59:23 AM

The missile and its launch placement create some concerns, though.  ;)

Well since it's Japanese, presumably the missile is fired, taking off the prop blades as it departs, and that leave the pilot no option but to dive into the ship behind it and finish what it starts....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Scotaidh

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 30, 2019, 07:03:57 AM
...and then I found this pretty retro Audi R8 concept. Looks IMHO a lot better than the real one:

Interesting article to go with it (incl. more concept pics) here: https://audiclubna.org/what-if-audi-built-the-r8-in-the-1980s/

Very Lotus "Europa" looking ... I like it.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

perttime

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 30, 2019, 06:59:23 AM

Tthe missile and its launch placement create some concerns, though.  ;)
I recall motor torpedo boats were, at some point, designed so that they'd drop the torpedo in the water at the rear, and then maneuver the boat out of its way. Maybe this was to do something similar?