Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That Audi exhaust is REALLY silly!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Corvettes are plastic and the first two generations are very fine examples of the car designers craft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The original Lotus Elite was even more plastic than a Corvette, and it looked FABULOUS.  :wub:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 02, 2019, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2019, 04:47:17 PM
Quote from: Weaver on August 01, 2019, 04:22:35 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2019, 03:54:27 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 01, 2019, 01:29:41 AM

Actually, I quite like the look of the current Honda Civic, especially the R; has a mean edge to it. :wacko: ;)

Mean? You're not kidding, you could cut yourself quite badly on any one of the umpteen sharp edged fins and add-ons!  :banghead:

It's got non-functional plastic jet intakes, non-functional plastic jet exhausts and a tailplane, so this is probably the wrong place to be complaining about it... ;) :wacko:

It's still ugly................

The current Audi S6 has a Diesel engine with a massive turbocharger hole, fake air intakes and even a totally fake quadruple exhaust under the back - it is as if some young goon glued four yoghurt cups under the rear bumper! What a POS. The real exhaust, facing downwards because of the diesel particles, is hidden somewhere behind the bumper. Sad times, but there are still people buying such things...

There is a potential business opportunity in chrome pipes for Tesla's.... 😉

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Doug K on August 03, 2019, 12:25:04 PM

And V8 sound tracks played through BIG speakers?  ;)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yes, typical VW policy. Everything is fake (not only the emission tests) - but people still buy the stuff.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2019, 07:47:30 AM
The original Lotus Elite was even more plastic than a Corvette, and it looked FABULOUS.  :wub:

Not as fabulous as an original Elan with Diana Rigg behind the wheel.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Scotaidh

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 04, 2019, 02:34:53 AM
Yes, typical VW policy. Everything is fake (not only the emission tests) - but people still buy the stuff.

The last VW I liked was air-cooled ... all the BS began when they let themselves go to their heads.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

scooter

Its a cult.  Like the Cult of Apple...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Scotaidh on August 04, 2019, 03:34:24 AM

The last VW I liked was air-cooled ... all the BS began when they let themselves go to their heads.

The problems actzually started in the Piech era - when the management decided that a company, that builds more or less sound and sensible all-day cars, actually was a premium brand. Something, that nobody else had ever noticed. So they started rasining proces, adding chrome to everything, and the engineers took over - using common parts wherever possible, lowering costs, and telling the premium fairytale. Led to riduculous effects, like the Phaeton (anyone remember this overweight upper class tanker at all?) or the Eos cabriolet, which came with such a complicated roof construction (it consists of IIRc thirteen(!) moveable parts) that none was tight. No wonder. Their customer service, at least in Germany, is abysmal and aloof, too. I really don't get it why they (still) sell so many cars.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2019, 12:37:59 PM

Sometimes it's harder to make a joke than it seems: this has been seriously discussed as a safety feature for electric cars so that pedestrians notice them...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 04, 2019, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: Scotaidh on August 04, 2019, 03:34:24 AM

The problems actzually started in the Piech era - when the management decided that a company, that builds more or less sound and sensible all-day cars, actually was a premium brand. Something, that nobody else had ever noticed. So they started rasining proces, adding chrome to everything, and the engineers took over - using common parts wherever possible, lowering costs, and telling the premium fairytale. Led to riduculous effects, like the Phaeton (anyone remember this overweight upper class tanker at all?) or the Eos cabriolet, which came with such a complicated roof construction (it consists of IIRc thirteen(!) moveable parts) that none was tight. No wonder. Their customer service, at least in Germany, is abysmal and aloof, too. I really don't get it why they (still) sell so many cars.

In Australia European cars come with added costs for servicing and parts (compared to Asian cars - and there are no Australian cars anymore) so modern German cars are generally driven by people who think they are better than the rest of us on the road.  And they drive accordingly.  Modern Volkswagens in particular seem to attract arrogant masturbators.
On the other hand I know some perfectly nice people who drive old German cars.\\

However, having said that the standard of driving on Australian roads is getting worse and I have noticed that overall drivers are getting more and more aggressive and arrogant.  Particularly men driving the Asian built 4wd Ford Ranga pickups which have replaced the real utes Ford used to make.
Fred

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on August 04, 2019, 04:31:22 AM

However, having said that the standard of driving on Australian roads is getting worse and I have noticed that overall drivers are getting more and more aggressive and arrogant.

I've been noticing that as well here in NJ.  I'm thinking its a "generational" thing.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on August 04, 2019, 04:19:14 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 03, 2019, 12:37:59 PM

Sometimes it's harder to make a joke than it seems: this has been seriously discussed as a safety feature for electric cars so that pedestrians notice them...

And so it should do, the darn things are so quiet at street speeds that they ARE dangerous to pedestrians.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

I totally think, instead of giving them engine noise, they should give electric cars this noise from The Jetsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWswvLPdE0

;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-