Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

perttime

Just saw another Me 262 with turboprop on Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/thekofchris3d/art/Poland-me-262-with-turboprop-861886278

The cockpit is near the nose on that one, though.

PR19_Kit

And it looks like they used the same turbo-prop too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nadvgia

Quote from: perttime on November 22, 2020, 04:43:50 AM
Just saw another Me 262 with turboprop on Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/thekofchris3d/art/Poland-me-262-with-turboprop-861886278

..thanks, that's from my deviantart account  ;) The model is the me-262 schnellbomber with the cockpit forward. Maybe i will do the regular b-1 one day, just because  :mellow:

Scotaidh

Quote from: nadvgia on November 22, 2020, 05:03:43 AM
Quote from: perttime on November 22, 2020, 04:43:50 AM

..thanks, that's from my deviantart account  ;) The model is the me-262 schnellbomber with the cockpit forward. Maybe i will do the regular b-1 one day, just because  :mellow:

That looks to me like a Meteor conversion, not a 262. 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Rheged

Agreed. It looks like a Tweed Trent  Meteor to me.   corrected later
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

chrisonord

Trent meteor  if I  would  hazzard a guess. Just to meander  a tad, after talking to  one of special hobbies  staff, regarding the  trent meteor  kit, they are considering  re releasing it in 1/72nd scale.  Which is nice  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

There's a nice article in the last quarter's Air-Britain Aviation World about the Trent Meteor. Even has a photo of the small diameter prop they tried, it went from 7'-7" diameter to 4'-10". First time I had seen a pic of it and looks really odd. But an interesting snippet of info was that the RN was very interested in a turbo-prop Meteor and there were proposals to install Dart and/or Mamba engines. There's an artist impression of the Mamba powered Meteor taking off from an aircraft carrier attached to the article.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

They always work in pairs lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Flyer

I can see the similarities to the Trent Meteor but it is a bomber version of the 262 with the forward canopy position, look at the tail shape and the thickness of the wings...

I tried without success to do a image search for the 262 variant/offshoot with the forward canopy, I know I've seen it before...

Flyer

Found it, should have just searched for what nadvgia said it was because that's exactly what it's called, the Me 262 Schnellbomber...  :rolleyes:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/antares-models-ant-26-me-262-schnellbomber-aufklaerer--205131

Dizzyfugu

zenrat

I've never wanted a ride on mower until now.

Turning circle might be a bit crap through.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

What's even weirder is that it looks like the rider rode it down to the local store, presumably mowing the road as they went!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: zenrat on November 23, 2020, 02:13:01 AM
I've never wanted a ride on mower until now.

Turning circle might be a bit crap through.
I'm told choppers can handle very well, when you get the geometry right. Perhaps not quite like a regular lawn tracktor, though.