Whiffs found surfing

Started by thesolitarycyclist, November 30, 2010, 04:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

That's one way of getting around loss of license due to DUI conviction.  Probably gets merde for gas mileage, though.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2020, 02:15:42 AM
What's even weirder is that it looks like the rider rode it down to the local store, presumably mowing the road as they went!  :o

Maybe he ("Or she!" ... "Thank you, Reg.") rode down along the verge/nature-strip/your-local-version-of-the-grassy-strip-at-the-side-of-the-road? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Quote from: scooter on November 23, 2020, 04:49:06 AM
That's one way of getting around loss of license due to DUI conviction.  Probably gets merde for gas mileage, though.

Oddly, I see quite a few characters around where I live, riding their mowers into the little villages and hamlets --- I think Scoot's quesstimate is bang on --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Rat

Can't speak to the laws wherever that was taken, but here in Canada it would still not be legal. You can even be charged just for having an open container of alcohol in any part of the vehicle that can be accessed by the operator. Also applies to unmotorised vehicles like bicycles and canoes.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

I know that where I live you can get a DUI riding a lawn mower on the street. My friend proved it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

JayBee

Quote from: The Rat on November 23, 2020, 08:18:27 AM

Can't speak to the laws wherever that was taken, but here in Canada it would still not be legal. You can even be charged just for having an open container of alcohol in any part of the vehicle that can be accessed by the operator. Also applies to unmotorised vehicles like bicycles and canoes.

Oh Ye Gods! That makes me think of, over here, being charged with being "Drunk in charge of a canoe"!  :rolleyes: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

Quote from: JayBee on November 23, 2020, 08:48:47 AM
Quote from: The Rat on November 23, 2020, 08:18:27 AM

Oh Ye Gods! That makes me think of, over here, being charged with being "Drunk in charge of a canoe"!  :rolleyes: :wacko:

I did once find an article in a local newspaper "100 years ago this week" series about a circus employee being charged with  being drunk in charge of an elephant. Whilst on the subject of elephants, try googling "Tommy Ward's elephant" if you fancy a moment or two of amusement.

In theory, it is still possible in England and Wales to be charged with "Riding a pedalled bicycle furiously to the detriment of public tranquillity"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

nadvgia

Quote from: Flyer on November 22, 2020, 03:58:29 PM
I can see the similarities to the Trent Meteor but it is a bomber version of the 262 with the forward canopy position, look at the tail shape and the thickness of the wings...

I tried without success to do a image search for the 262 variant/offshoot with the forward canopy, I know I've seen it before...

Unfortuantely the application where i do these models does not give me much choices of shapes in order to create the right one, that's why it looks to what it looks..
There is also this place with more me-262's like that - http://www.wardrawings.be/WW2/Files/2-Airplanes/Axis/1-Germany/01-Fighters/Me-262/Me-262T-1.htm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on November 23, 2020, 08:57:12 AM

In theory, it is still possible in England and Wales to be charged with "Riding a pedalled bicycle furiously to the detriment of public tranquillity"

I'm glad the Bucks Police don't seem to know about that one.

They once flagged my brother and I down for doing 52 mph going down hill into Marlow while riding my tandem. The cop gave up when the rest of the club arrived a while later and outnumbered him about 15:1.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

:snip:
Quote from: Rheged on November 23, 2020, 08:57:12 AM
I did once find an article in a local newspaper "100 years ago this week" series about a circus employee being charged with  being drunk in charge of an elephant. Whilst on the subject of elephants, try googling "Tommy Ward's elephant" if you fancy a moment or two of amusement.

DUI laws in the US obviously vary from state to state.  In Florida (at least 3 years ago) DUI with a horse is possible:
"The Polk County State Attorney's office could not be immediately reached for comment. Bruchey, the sheriff's department spokesman, said the officer who arrested Byrne thought he had sufficient probable cause to consider the horse a vehicle.

"'I can tell you it's going to be interesting if (the DUI charge) goes through,' Bruchey said. 'The way sheriffs look at it, the woman put a saddle and bridle on this horse and was riding it to get from point A to point B. For all intents and purposes, we look at that as a vehicle.'"

In Montana, however, you can't get a DUI whilst horseback riding (caveat, again, at least 9 years ago):
"An advertisement featuring a horse picking up his owner after a night of drinking at the bar has stirred up quite the conversation.

"Much of the talk is not about if the 'Sober Friend' ad is realistic, but rather if it is legal to ride home drunk on a horse.

So, is it?

According to Montana law, those on horseback cannot be arrested for driving under the influence. The state law states that in order to fit the criteria for a vehicle in a DUI, the device cannot be moved by 'animal power.' So, being on horseback or driving a horse and carriage does not apply."
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

crudebuteffective

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

kerick

Hmmmm........
Move the engines from the wing to the fuselage, put a big honk'n gun in the nose, pile all the ordnance you can think of under the wings. German A-10.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

There is a section of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act that states "It is illegal to race or drive furiously, a horse or any other animal on a highway." Which killed my idea for a charity pig race on our street.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jcf

QuoteSo, being on horseback or driving a horse and carriage does not apply.

Amish and Mennonites everywhere, "Hmm, should we move to Montana?" 🤔