Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2021, 03:27:57 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 29, 2021, 03:09:37 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2021, 03:09:05 AM
interesting camo scheme.

White scrim netting.

Only in real life.   ;D

I did think it looked like material stretched over the vehicle but something similar could be done with paint.  Hmmmmmm...

I would think a light dabbing with a sponge would be the most effective (and easiest) way to get that done.
If you were wanting a slight 3-D effect, maybe using thick paint or adding something like gesso could work?

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 30, 2021, 12:58:25 AM
interesting camo scheme.

White scrim netting.

Only in real life.   ;D

I did think it looked like material stretched over the vehicle but something similar could be done with paint.  Hmmmmmm...

I would think a light dabbing with a sponge would be the most effective (and easiest) way to get that done.
If you were wanting a slight 3-D effect, maybe using thick paint or adding something like gesso could work?

I was thinking of spattering on masking fluid by flicking it from a paintbrush.
Or maybe think backwards.  Paint the whole thing white, spatter on some dark green and then paint the solid areas.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on January 30, 2021, 02:49:38 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on January 30, 2021, 12:58:25 AM
interesting camo scheme.

White scrim netting.

Only in real life.   ;D

I was thinking of spattering on masking fluid by flicking it from a paintbrush.
Or maybe think backwards.  Paint the whole thing white, spatter on some dark green and then paint the solid areas.

True, either would work.
And white is easier to cover with green, than v/v.  :thumbsup:

63cpe

Is it just me the X-59 is looking like a HP 115 on steroids?

coverphoto by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

David aka 63cpe

63cpe

While contemplating on the junkers G.38 and doing a whiffy with the fuselage (upside down) i found this:

Junkers G38 concept (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Now I know Junkers did the "Ente" with Reissner and the Focke Wulf F.19 Ente, but i didn't know the basic design was stretched into this behemoth.

David aka 63cpe

Pellson

Nice little text about the Swedish nuclear bomber project, and an even nicer rendition of it. 💕

>LINK HERE<
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

perttime

Quote from: 63cpe on February 02, 2021, 11:56:14 PM
Is it just me the X-59 is looking like a HP 115 on steroids?

Layouts look similar.
I suspected that the long nose of the X-59 would be for studying something supersonic. Apparently it is for low-noise supersonic flight.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on February 03, 2021, 01:25:36 AM

Nice little text about the Swedish nuclear bomber project, and an even nicer rendition of it. 💕

>LINK HERE<

Very interesting, and a great looking aeroplane (even if the text was buried under ZILLIONS of adverts!  :banghead:)

But I can't help thinking that whoever wrote it was a tad low on real aviation knowledge...

Quote ....work on the Saab 36 contributed in part to the development of the Saab 37, a strike fighter that was one of the first successful jets that incorporated the delta wing design.

Erm, not quite. There were a LOT of successful deltas before the Viggen, SAAB even made one of them themselves, the Draken!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2021, 06:03:29 AM

>LINK HERE<

Very interesting, and a great looking aeroplane (even if the text was buried under ZILLIONS of adverts!  :banghead:)

But I can't help thinking that whoever wrote it was a tad low on real aviation knowledge...

Quote ....work on the Saab 36 contributed in part to the development of the Saab 37, a strike fighter that was one of the first successful jets that incorporated the delta wing design.

Erm, not quite. There were a LOT of successful deltas before the Viggen, SAAB even made one of them themselves, the Draken!  :o

I kinda focused on the rendition..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

jcf

QuoteIs it just me the X-59 is looking like a HP 115 on steroids?

Vaguely.  ;D

https://www.nasa.gov/aero/x-59-quesst-overview

Doug K

>LINK HERE<

TSR meets SR71, what a great design

chrisonord

That looks really good, I wonder if Marivox could be persuaded to do a kit of it ;D
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on February 03, 2021, 02:11:00 PM

That looks really good, I wonder if Marivox could be persuaded to do a kit of it ;D

But could we afford one?

It sure does look good though. Maybe someone should send the link to Anigrand as well.......  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 03, 2021, 02:32:36 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on February 03, 2021, 02:11:00 PM

But could we afford one?

It sure does look good though. Maybe someone should send the link to Anigrand as well.......  :o
Forgot about Anigrand, it would be right up there street too. I have a stalled Marivox saab 105 in the bits box, it wasn't that dear when I bought it, but things have gone pear shaped since.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!