kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2021, 06:10:05 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 22, 2021, 06:04:33 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 22, 2021, 05:56:51 AM
Quote from: MiB on April 21, 2021, 11:23:12 AM
The Shootinpfeil is very credible! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's the one I like best as well  :thumbsup:

It would have to have very tall gangly u/c though wouldn't it   ----

Very much so, but somehow if the Do 335 had entered service in sufficient numbers you can imagine it being the USAAF's answer to it ? Well I'm beginning to anyway  ;D

I've read (somewhere) that there was a heavy fighter version planned of one of these below, it's the same size as the Do355 too --  ;) ;)

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 22, 2021, 07:37:35 AM

I've read (somewhere) that there was a heavy fighter version planned of one of these below, it's the same size as the Do355 too --  ;) ;)

I suppose it could have been an interceptor rather than a pure fighter ? I always smile when I see photo's of the XB-42. When the Anigrand kit first came out I felt quite chuffed when I turned up at a show with my finished kit for the SIG table only to find Mike McEvoy had finished 3 of them  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 23, 2021, 06:57:13 AM

..........only to find Mike McEvoy had finished 3 of them  ;D

I bet at least one of them RAF too.  ;D

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Knightflyer

Not a whiff as such (except in the fertile imagination of the members on here!) , but just saw this on Evilbay and couldn't help thinking .......Kit/PR19....where are you! ?!  ;D

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

PR19_Kit

I'm on it!  :thumbsup:

Many thanks.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 23, 2021, 06:57:13 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on April 22, 2021, 07:37:35 AM

I suppose it could have been an interceptor rather than a pure fighter ? I always smile when I see photo's of the XB-42. When the Anigrand kit first came out I felt quite chuffed when I turned up at a show with my finished kit for the SIG table only to find Mike McEvoy had finished 3 of them  ;D

Yeah, I've got their XB-42 and XB-43 kits too, but Execuform, Eagles Talons and VP Productions all did a vacuform long before Anigrand did theirs Chris --- 
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I have the VP vacforms of both the Mixmaster and the Jetmaster.

One day I may even finish building them.....

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Moved on behalf of Dizzy. Apologies but this was the easiest way to do it.

Chris

Quote from: Pellson on April 23, 2021, 07:19:23 am
Quote from: Gondor on April 23, 2021, 07:13:54 am
...an Interceptor or a Fighter Bomber...

OK, that triggered me. Now you have to explain exactly what, obviously apart from ordinance, that separates the two. I thought they worked like the F-4's, i.e. just hang it up and shoot depending on what you've just hung..

At least from a 1:72 perspective..  ;D

The aircraft in question based on the XB-42 was Douglas' "Model 1011" from late 1945, all-weather interceptor with radar. Beyond the wto Allison engines and the pusher props this one would have had a pair of jet engines under the wings as boosters, a tandem seat cockpit in the nose. AFAIK, remotely-controlled armament was four movable 0.5" machine guns firing forward, and two more firing backwards, all radar-guided. But there was a bomb bay for a pair of 1.000 lb bombs, too.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Then of course there was the original DC-8, the Skybus.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080909210514/http://dc-8jet.com/0-dc8-skybus.htm

PR19_Kit

I've always liked the idea of the Skybus, but I'm not sure that any passengers would have felt the same with those two zonking Allison V-1710s right there INSIDE with them!  :o

One would almost be buildable in plastic with a butchered XB-42 or -43 kit to hand. I've got one of each, but I'd rather build them OOB.

Regards
Kit

Pellson

I might be
a) last in a long line of linkers, or
b) linking a fellow forum members own page

..but nevertheless - i really like quite a few of these builds. Hence - I'm linking regardless.  ;)

>>CLICK HERE FOR NICE BUILDS<<
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

I don't know who that guy is, but he sure builds some EXCELLENT stuff!  :thumbsup:

Most impressed, and thanks for the link too.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Great link! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Scotaidh

That was a visual feast!   Thanks, Pellson!  :)   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Weaver

McDonnell Douglas's MD-12: 1990s proposal for a twin-deck 'super jumo' that looks hauntingly familiar:

Posted on Twitter by Trev Clarke here: https://twitter.com/clark_aviation/status/1409194819617013765?s=20

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones