Yakovlev Yak 15 / 17 / 23 whiff's

Started by TsrJoe, December 01, 2010, 09:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

'frank2056's conversion build thread, 'stargazer's 'fistful' from a Yak.23, really neat work  :thumbsup:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,30560.0/topicseen.html
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Tojo633

Frank 2056

Agreed that the Amodel better in places , but for ease of build and availability the Pm kit won through. The Co-Operativa La15 can be built but its thin ont he ground, I have a few examples to build which soat me a few quid each but I have seen one of these go in excess of £20 on Evilbay??? Yip shocking, I also have some of the other Lavotchkin kits now available under the Maquette but again we felt the PM/Pioneer2 Yak was more available. The Amodel kit I have few of and will build them dare I say it "Normally" lol
Cheers
Sandy

frank2056

Quote from: Tojo633 on December 06, 2010, 12:19:21 PM
Agreed that the Amodel better in places , but for ease of build and availability the Pm kit won through.

The only issue I have with the PM kit is the canopy. it has a less than stellar fit and it is very thick along the centerline - it's almost a small plastic magnifying lens! The AModel kit is better detailed at the cost of a poor fit.

I'm slowly working on my Cooperativa La-15. Its one of those kits that deserves some effort to build right. For years, it was a pretty common sight, both in stores and online - and cheap!

TsrJoe

'arc3371's swept wing Yak.23M in Korean War markings, again something different from the normal airframe  :blink:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,17429.405/topicseen.html

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

Visited Sandy up in the frozen north at New Year and passed along the 4 alternate Yaks for his collection, 'unfortunately' whilst there was foisted with a few more unbuilt ones (which part of thinning my stash ...! hehehe :drink:)

sooo next up ...

Yak 15 biplane (gull and inverse gull winged)
Yak 15 swept wing (DFS.346 shape)
Yak 15 saucer wing
Yak 15 jet gyrocopter  :blink:

it was impressive seeing his completed Yak 15 lineup in its display case, i noted over a dozen of them sitting there completed plus a few others awaiting final finishing  :wacko: heres hoping Sandy posts up some individual snaps of them for the thread ...

hoping he wont mind but iv taken the liberty of noting the ones shown in the photos he posted previously

Sandy's Yakovlev Yak.15 model listing ...

(completed)

Luftwaffe ww.2 (Rechlin)      green/yellow trim
RAF. ww.2                         green/grey camouflage
RAF. post war            silver
USAF. (T2)            silver
Finnish             green/black camouflage
Eqyptian            sand/green camouflage
Iraqi               sand/brown camouflage
Korean               silver/red trim
Chinese            dk. green
Czech               silver/red trim
Polish               silver
USSR. ww.2 (Kozedub 27)      grey/grey camouflage
USSR. flying boat         red

cheers, Joe

Tojo633

All
He begged me for more for him to deviate, I think the liquid glue fumes have finally affected him, lol.
Will get pics up as soon as I can, a few concepts of my own in the pipeline, amzing where the inspiration comes from...eh Joe? (Classified info mind, they need to come to Perth) Hopefully I can get some finished for then. Will update when I can.
Cheers
Sandy

GTX

QuoteRAF. ww.2                         green/grey camouflage

Looking forward to seeing this one!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tojo633

Tojo633

For those not familiar with these, some more.

Tojo633

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

dumaniac

Tojo - nice images - I see a certain theme developing - thanks for the pics

TsrJoe

so come on wheres the rest of them ? hehe!  :wacko:

PYF42

Bonjour
Very interesting versions of this little jet .
Now , I want to made one !
Regards
Fred

Tojo633

Quote from: dumaniac on January 13, 2011, 11:31:42 PM
Tojo - nice images - I see a certain theme developing - thanks for the pics
Theres more to come, watch this space, not all by my hand but I will be finishing them.
Cheers
Sandy