Yakovlev Yak 15 / 17 / 23 whiff's

Started by TsrJoe, December 01, 2010, 09:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raafif

is that weird Yak#2 steam-powered ? - I see a chimney  :blink: ;D
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Ed S

Quote from: raafif on January 15, 2011, 04:42:31 PM

Or an autogyro and that's the rotor mast.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

rickshaw

Quote from: Ed S on January 15, 2011, 06:35:03 PM
Quote from: raafif on January 15, 2011, 04:42:31 PM

Or an autogyro and that's the rotor mast.

Ed

Upturned wingtips, large mast?  I'd also suggest an autogyro.  A fighter Rotodyne?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tojo633

All
An Autogyro is one option but I am not sure? other ideas were under consideration so wait and see. Some more concepts started, Joe really needs to stop sniffing that liquid glue lol
Cheers
Sandy

AXU

jynx

The X-wing kinda reminds me of something from Crimson Skies.

TsrJoe

not forgetting Sandy's own MiG.15 winged Yak 15 underway ...
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

What, no VG Yak, ala Bell X-5???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Tojo633

Quote from: jynx on January 16, 2011, 02:41:06 PM
The X-wing kinda reminds me of something from Crimson Skies.
Strange you say that, need to dig "Crimson Skies" out and try to finish playing it one day.
Cheers
Sandy

TsrJoe

threw together another one over lunch today, a bit more pedestrian this time, standard kit with some bits added to make a 'tankbuster' with added vertical fins on the tailplane and a few bumps to cover the breech  :blink:

hmm, a vg. X.5 equivialent sounds a fun idea, especially with swinging wings, poss a MiG.9 as a basis? or a Yak.23?  :wacko:

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

dumaniac

TsrJoe

i fancy sourcing another 3 Yak 15 kits for another 'little' idea, be somat different for the whiff tables, not sure itd fit in Sandy's display cases tho  :wacko:

meanwhile, this batch are now in primer and awaiting delivery to their client  ;D

Tojo633

OK
I will dig you out another 3..........................

Cheers
Sandy