Models "in a high state of possibility"

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 04, 2010, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

You guys all have very exciting ideas in the works.  Now, how do we get them all (or at least a selection of them) accelerated again?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

anthonyp

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on December 10, 2010, 01:08:28 PM
You guys all have very exciting ideas in the works.  Now, how do we get them all (or at least a selection of them) accelerated again?

Bank rolling me and my lifestyle would work well.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

PR19_Kit

Mrs PR19 suggests that the best way would be to clone me twice.

Then one of me could be full-time in the model room finishing off that lot, plus starting the ones already planned, the second one of me could be up in The Loft sorting out the spare kits for sale, and the third one of me could be doing all the other non-modelling things that are stopping me building the models in the first place!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Personally, I'm giving up on GBs when the Test and Experimental GB is over, so that I can get some of these done, not to mention stuff on the massive projects list that's never even been started.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JayBee

Well JHM I have no ideas as to that. However In the last hour I have started this

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

royabulgaf

My dear PR-19:  What are 2nd row center, 2nd row right, and 3rd row left?
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

PR19_Kit

Quote from: royabulgaf on December 10, 2010, 04:59:32 PM
My dear PR-19:  What are 2nd row center, 2nd row right, and 3rd row left?

I thought some of them would arouse interest and incredulity....  ;D

2nd row centre is the Jet Provost T6, used as a trainer specifically for 230 OCU, the Vulcan Conversion Unit. Only 12 built during 1967 as there were no delta trainers in the RAF at the time.

2nd row right is the Blackburn A-8B Buccaneer, used by the US Navy's Blue Angels display team before they switched to the FA-18s.

3rd row left is the prototype Bv-138 PIII, an asymetric aircraft in line with Dr Richard Vogt's thinking, but not accepted by the Technishe Amt. Subsequent Bv-138s were wholly symetrical of course, and the PIII was converted to an amphibian to test more of the good Dr's thoughts.

And if you believe THAT little lot, you'll believe anything!  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

John Howling Mouse

You know, I forgot about this one.  My "B-21" twin-engine variant of a B-17.   Seemed like a nice concept at the time.  My only mistake was in assuming I should "ruin" a cheap kit as a base so I chose the horrible Airfix kit.  Terribly thick and brittle plastic and ancient engineering actually makes for a much more difficult time in kitbashing.  One of my prior misconceptions I'm trying to overcome in my own model-making is to stop seeing "quality" kits as items that should be left unmolested and instead built up as "real."
Who am I kidding?  I never build "real" anymore.

I confess: I am a plastic model molester.

So, I will resurrect this concept using (gasp) a Hasegawa or Academy equivalent.

sequoiaranger

I like the concept. I have always liked the B-23 Dragon---a close equivalent.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Green Dragon

Love the twin-engine B-17 idea and I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to cut up a quality kit. Very hard for me to do that! I've been using mostly old Matchbox kits and stuff I got cheap off ebay but I tend to only cut something up if I've got a second kit in the stash.
Got several projects with most of the necessary parts assembled for builds but no pics yet. Might save some for GB's when the next vote is finished.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

PR19_Kit

JHM,

Mrs PR19 would WHOLLY approve of the modelling tool shown in your last piccie of the B-21!  :thumbsup:

She has a large collection of hammers, from tiny jewellery hammers to a sledge she can't even lift.  ;D I imagine your Airfix B-21 has only a limited life, so do we get to see the 'after' piccie as well?

Regards
Kit

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 11, 2010, 11:19:26 AM
JHM,

Mrs PR19 would WHOLLY approve of the modelling tool shown in your last piccie of the B-21!  :thumbsup:

She has a large collection of hammers, from tiny jewellery hammers to a sledge she can't even lift.  ;D I imagine your Airfix B-21 has only a limited life, so do we get to see the 'after' piccie as well?

PR: You bet.

Oh, and whatever became of the Dragon, 'ranger.  Always thought it must've seemed like a good idea at the time but they didn't go for it?

sotoolslinger

Ya know, you could Scale o rama that into a neato fighter :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland