Models "in a high state of possibility"

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 04, 2010, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on December 04, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
So, this is something many of us can relate to: models that we've put a lot of time and effort into but they're simply not progressing for various reasons (read: excuses). Maybe it's time we each post our own collage of models that are coming along (for YEARS, in some cases, eh?) but need a nudge to get going again?

I wouldn't mind seeing the worlds ugliest helo get a chance at the finish line :rolleyes:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

PR19_Kit

WHAT is that  red chain drive 'MG lookalike' LSR car for goodness sake?!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

mine:

Kit, that LSR car is from this topic, it was part of the LSR group build.

PR19_Kit

Thanks Hobbes, I totally missed that thread!

I'm impressed with the variety of your stuff, pleased to see someone else does airliners too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Well, most of my airliners end up being something else; I've done a couple of them in military roles. The VC-10 will be finished as the RB.211 test bed. The Tupolev will be my first proper airliner...

Taiidantomcat

We need a "last stage" "finishing" or "last mile" GB for all of these... some are so close!!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Here are a few that made past the "box'em up and forget about'em" stage. :)

Look behind you!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on December 06, 2010, 08:30:58 AM
The VC-10 will be finished as the RB.211 test bed.

Ah yes, G-AXLR, or XR809 as she was once. I've been doing that one for years and YEARS, but have yet to finish it, what a surprise. I have lots of photos of 'XLR culled from the Net if you're interested? Do you have the Two-Six decal sheet for it?

Regards
Kit

anthonyp

Yes, a Phoenix II GB is indeed warranted.  Look for a new vote this weekend.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: anthonyp on December 06, 2010, 07:26:43 PM
Yes, a Phoenix II GB is indeed warranted.  Look for a new vote this weekend.

I have the original Dremel prize from the first one (the original winner wouldn't accept it).  Still sittin' in its box....
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Hobbes

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 06, 2010, 03:12:12 PM

Ah yes, G-AXLR, or XR809 as she was once. I've been doing that one for years and YEARS, but have yet to finish it, what a surprise. I have lots of photos of 'XLR culled from the Net if you're interested? Do you have the Two-Six decal sheet for it?

Yup, I've got the decal sheet. I recently took some photos of the RB.211 at Cosford, and I think that's the very engine used on G-AXLR, so I may have to do some work on the engine.
I've got a few photos from the VC-10 site, but more would be very welcome.

NARSES2

Not as many as I thought. I've excluded those where "minimum" work has taken place

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I'd be on forever!

Another vore for the Phoenix GB.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Just discovered that Photobucket has a montage feature, so I've re-done my original post.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland