Corsair F4U Canard

Started by Pablo1965, December 11, 2010, 04:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

Is a corsair F4U showing his parts in a different way, I used the Heller 1/48 kits because it have more plastic and supports better the cuts.

Pablo1965

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

John Howling Mouse

Ooooo....cool.   My first thought (while looking at the smaller thumbnail pics) was "Oh neat, he could've had the plane flying with the props at the back like a pusher style).

Then I enlarged the image and saw that was exactly what you did make!

Then I thought "I wonder if he considered having a full length nosewheel to make it more like a conventional tricycle gear airplane."  Then I realized how much better the pilot's visibility would be the way you have it already.

You are sooooo inspired, Pablo.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

bobbo

(Picks chin up off floor)

Bobinleipsic

Cliffy B

Holy awesome on a stick!!!!!!  :wub:

Love the fact that you chose a Korean-era finish for it too.  It adds so much more to it IMO.  Top notch build sir  :thumbsup:

Any chance of some progress photos?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

PR19_Kit

Pablo, that's INCREDIBLE!

I just love the wing tip fins, they just makes the whole thing astonishing, superb work.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Stargazer

What an amazing creation!  :wub: I love to see such original stuff, especially when it's so beautifully done.  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Wicked!  :bow: The long canopy does a lot for the good looks of this aircraft.

Reminds me of the "Raven" from Crimson Skies.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cobra

Awesome Job,Pablo :thumbsup: :thumbsup: has a Crimson Skies Look & Feel to it! Keep up the Great Work :cheers: Dan

tanktastic43

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sturmbock

Saw this on your blog page already, but I'll say it here; that is one very cool and well-built plane.   :bow:

And immediately I had the main menu music of Innocent Aces in my head..  :mellow:

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter