HYDROSUB

Started by Aircav, May 15, 2004, 04:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Whilst looking for some info on U-boats I came across this site, Cool Sub

http://www.rocketguy.com/past/schematic.html
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mairfrog

It looks like a coffee percolater.  :D  

Radish

I like stroking pussy.
:wub:
Can't see where I'd put my torpedo!
:wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

badger

A thought occurs to me: (and I accept they are very big 'ifs')

If the UK MoD do manage to sell off the Typhoons they are contractually committed to buying, maybe they could then equip the RAF with Grippens instead ? It's a good aircraft with a few novel features that make it very suitable for the defence of the UK, and it would be cheaper than buying a swarm of Typhoons...  It also has better export prospects too - not insignificant when one considers that BAE build much of it and have a joint marketing agreement with SAAB

nev

I think we're too far down the road for that to happen now.  

However, 5-10 years ago when the Germans were causing mayhem with their incessant threats to pull out, then maybe we could have gone "stuff the lot of you" cancelled the Typhoon and bought into the Grippen with a license build :)

Welcome aboard btw.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May