Invaluable modeling tools. Share yours!

Started by FAR148, December 25, 2010, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Never had any oily residue left by blue tac (and I carried out extensive testing prior to using it when I failed to locate any silly putty) but if left on for too long it can remaining crevices.  The trick is to use old blue tac that has been used for masking before to mask creviced areas as the dried paint that mixes in when you re-ball it after use reduces stickiness sufficiently to prevent the crevice clinging propensities.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2014, 08:18:47 AMPlus because we have pound store wars on going in Croydon at the moment everything in the Pound Store (other cheap shops are available  ;D) is 95p  :thumbsup:

Sounds like a diorama waiting to happen
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

lancer

I prefer blue tac to white tac. The white stuff I find sticks too much and can bugger up a paint finish when it's lifited off.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

FAR148

Sick and tired of spilling paint, liquid cement, thinner? Here's an easy fix. All you need as a circle template(or a pair of divider) some foam core and a hot glue gun. First, measure the diameter of whatever jar or bottle you want to secure. Next, measure and cut the base. Make sure it has at least 1 inch of space around the diameter of your jar or bottle for the supports. Then measure and cut the supports, making sure they are tall enough to support but not too much so that they get in the way of opening and closing. Place your jar or bottle in the center of the base and hot glue the supports around it every 90 degrees. 

Take care,
Steven   :thumbsup:

The Rat

Quote from: FAR148 on May 26, 2019, 10:55:05 AM
Sick and tired of spilling paint, liquid cement, thinner?

Sure, now he tells us.  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Hobbes

I've done something similar by taking some MDF offcuts I had lying around and perforating them with a drill and/or hole saw (took me a while to find a drill the right size for a Humbrol tinlet, though).

FAR148

Quote from: The Rat on May 26, 2019, 11:50:09 AM
Quote from: FAR148 on May 26, 2019, 10:55:05 AM
Sick and tired of spilling paint, liquid cement, thinner?

Sure, now he tells us.  ;D

Better late than never!  :thumbsup:

Doug K

Most invaluable tool? These days it's the Internet, whether researching IJN ships or getting inspiration for Whiffs, it's the greatest boon to modelling in a generation.