. . . And what did YOU get for Christmas?

Started by bobbo, December 26, 2010, 05:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

2 Tamiya Spitfire Vb's in 1/48th. The European scheme and the trop  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

deathjester

Got a Jigsaw !!  Now I can do some more wood models like the Westland Woodpecker...Also got the Enterprise Haynes Manual !!

Gondor

Tighter trousers... well actually the same ones just seam smaller around the middle...

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

kit wise, nothing but i'll be buying in the next few days for sure.

however, i was building a 1/35 kubelwagon on christmas day much to the amusement and interest of my two nieces.  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

beowulf

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 26, 2010, 02:50:06 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 26, 2010, 02:36:51 PM
<...> and a Turkmenistan AF decal sheet from lindenhill! <...>

No way!  :o That's eerie! I got the very same decal sheet!  :o

Apart form that:

Kits:
Academy 1/48 F-15I Ra'am
Trumpeter 1/48 J-10B
Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64D JASDF & IsraCast 1/48 AH-64D-I Saraf conversion set
Academy 1/35 CV9040B

Decals:
Linden Hill 1/72 Armenia
Aztec 1/72 Macho Mustangs I
DP Casper 1/72 Left Hook (Ethiopia & Eritrea 2001)

Books:
Mil Mi-24 Hind: Attack Helicopter by Yefim Gordon and Dmitriy Komissarov
Osprey F-16 in OIF
Osprey F-15E 1990-2005
Osprey AH-64 in OEF & OIF
Tankograd on Swedish CV9040s

Moritz you cleaned up!! Those are great subjects/kits! I needed the Turkmenistan decals for that F-14 project I PMed you about a while ago  ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Spey_Phantom

for christmas, i got nothing, AGAIN  :unsure:
but i did buy myself a gift, "Apache: Air Assault" for Xbox360  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

anthonyp

I finally got a Dremel tool.  That's about it where modeling is concerned.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Daryl J.

A massage from the salon just down the street.    As a tooth fixer, you don't know just how delightful that is.    :party: :party: :party:

The Wooksta!

No one actually gave me any kits.  The Revellogawa Mosquito I'd bought fromone of the dudes on Britmodeller arrived on Xmas eve so that got opened on Xmas day - does that count?

However, Santa DID give me the finance to buy one of these:

It's a System Chase Ship from the Blake's 7 episode Redemption, something I've wanted for years.  Pity I can't get a Liberator in the same scale to go with it...

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Supertom

Wifey got me a 55" LED TV and a DVD documentary of planes blowing stuff up to inspire me.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

kitnut617

My bro gave me a set of precision punches/dies.  It's going to work out just right when I build my DH.101 jig
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Joe C-P

Love that ship from Blake's 7!

Nothing directly model-related for me, but did get "The Furniture Guys Book" and a magazine of 200 Woodworking Tips and Tricks, because my other hobby is fixing and building furniture.

Since I didn't get anything for models, I will therefore reward myself with a couple 1/72 armour models to build a modern Lee/Grant. I'll pick the models when I get to the hobby store.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

simmie

I recieved a very nice craft knife from the better half, and a couple of memory sticks.

I am also getting American Secret Projects 2 - Bombers, Secret Projects - Flying wingsGerman Air Projects Vol.3 (Mr Mareks).

But these are from me!, and have been dispached today.
Reality is for people who can't handle Whif!!

Now with more WHATTHEF***!! than ever before!

Supertom

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 27, 2010, 02:16:05 PM

It's a System Chase Ship from the Blake's 7 episode Redemption, something I've wanted for years.  Pity I can't get a Liberator in the same scale to go with it...

Hi Lee,

How big is that thing and what's the clear red bit made out of?  That looks remarkably clear.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"