Scalemodelworld 2011 - Telford (UK) 12/13 Nov - Whose going?

Started by Gondor, December 27, 2010, 04:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

I have booked a room in the same cheap hotel on the Wolverhampton inner ring road that I used back in 2009. Its cheap but that means more funds for the show.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

i should be there, and doing my normal..... fall out of bed, and then meander my way up past cosford  to get there... possibly with a couple of frinds in the back of the car if theyre going on the same day as me.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

lenny100

should be there but looking for a new place to stay the hoilday inn is getting expensive
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

lancer

Quote from: lenny100 on December 29, 2010, 06:04:08 AM
should be there but looking for a new place to stay the hoilday inn is getting expensive

I thought that IPMS members got a special rate for the weekend? I paid full whack when I stayed there in '09 but then I didin't know about the special rate.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lenny100

Quote from: lancer on December 29, 2010, 02:21:00 PM
Quote from: lenny100 on December 29, 2010, 06:04:08 AM

I thought that IPMS members got a special rate for the weekend? I paid full whack when I stayed there in '09 but then I didin't know about the special rate.
even witrh the specail rate its still over £200 for the weekend!!!! 
and i am suposed to get a discount by haveing one of the membership cards from back when i used to work in it and regulaly stay at hoilday inns because the company said i had to even if i was in the leeds office only 2 hours away from home
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Martin H

Even with any special rate, the Holiday inn is still going to be steep. But if you want to be on the doorstep of the show then along with the International next door, its the best bet. But you will pay through the nose for that convenience.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

It seems that the holiday inn is increasing it's tariffs by a large margin over what I paid in 2009 then. Looks like it's going to be interesting finding accomodation for next year then.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

shop around, there are a number of hotels dotted around the town center.

Try the Park inn, they did us quite a reasonable rate for the last show.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

I stayed in the Premier Inn at Donnigton (just past the island with the three 5.5 Medium guns on it!) and I got a room there at £29/night, booking only a month before the event. OK, it's 5 miles away and a lengthy wait in the traffic to get anywhere near the hall on the Saturday morning, but at £29/night? No contest.........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Oh I'd like to go........wonder if I could wangle a trip to SWMBO'd mum in Crewe......then slip out for the day.......mmmmmm....some research beckons....... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on January 01, 2011, 02:59:29 PM
Oh I'd like to go........wonder if I could wangle a trip to SWMBO'd mum in Crewe......then slip out for the day.......mmmmmm....some research beckons....... ;D

Good idea. You could even bring SWMBO  ;D. There have been quite a few more families over the last couple of years and I must admit some of the wives are quite taken aback by the displays. Helps them realise they aren't the only ones married to overgrown kids  :party:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

My own SWMBO attends most years and to many shows too, and is very useful at carrying boxes and bags. It becomes more expensive when buying her lunch , meals, etc., but worth it for her "carrying" abilities. But she does drink an awful lot of tea.
Not booked myself for 2011 yet. :banghead:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Army of One

Bring SWMBO'd..???? :o :o :o.....are you MAD????? The point of going would be to purchase stuff as well as admire the displays....if I did manage to purchase anything I'd def have to carry it myself.....!!!!! No no no no......much better to go on my own....leave her at her mums and say...'Mine???? No...not at all....this is for a chap called Chris......asked if I could take it home as he is on the train.......'
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!