On the shop floor

Started by Sisko, May 17, 2004, 04:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Sisko, please, please PLEASE promise us you'll upload pics of that
tank once the first, magical coat of primer is applied!

Is this gonna be COOOOOOOL, or what?!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Nice ones!

Can't wait to see the Heinkel!

B)  

NARSES2

The Steam Tank is awsome !

There's a a wargammers minature company that produces British/German figures circa early 1900's ( around the origional War of the Worlds time frame) and they have a steam tank amongst a lot of other fantastic stuff - but this one wins the Pulitzer !

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Sorry guys the scale is 1/72, I used the base of an E-100 dragon kit 1/35th scale. I suppose that this would qualify as a scalearama entry.

I think that the hardest part will be coming up with a suitable scheme for the Knights Templar. I was also tossing up with the Idea of having some sort of altar or paulpit that a bishop could give sermons from  before battle. Let me think about it.

The part that I am not looking forward to is applying the rivits.

I was concerned that there might be too many guns but I thought what the hell it is what if after all.

The He-222 will definitely take some time finish it has taken with many interruptions about 6 months just to get to that stage.

Glad that you guys enjoyed the pics. I plan to do a back story on the tank and it's role with the al powerful crusader nation.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Supertom

Love the steam tank.  Definetely one of the most interesting designs I've seen in a while.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Tophe

QuoteOh boy! Any more wingspan and you'd have to take off sideways!  :cheers:
After the Sisko He 222Z, here is the JoeP He 222Z-2... ;)
You are right, it was crazy to have too much span, too much engines, too much distance between fuselages. So, let us use the He 222 great idea in another way: 2 engines per wing, with 5 engines as required for the He 111Z, but fuselages moved closer with a linking tailplane, for solidity. Better than the 111Z, indeed, congratulations to you (and me, but you are the ones that made me dream...) :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

gooberliberation

how many guns on the tank?
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Sisko

That would be 11 guns. :dum:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

WeeJimmy

Joe C-P

QuoteI think that the hardest part will be coming up with a suitable scheme for the Knights Templar. I was also tossing up with the Idea of having some sort of altar or paulpit that a bishop could give sermons from  before battle. Let me think about it.
Then you might want to look at the US Army's WW2 era M-7 SPG, nicknamed the "Priest":

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Geoff_B

QuoteQUOTE (Sisko @ May 19 2004, 01:13 AM)
I think that the hardest part will be coming up with a suitable scheme for the Knights Templar. I was also tossing up with the Idea of having some sort of altar or paulpit that a bishop could give sermons from before battle. Let me think about it. 

Then you might want to look at the US Army's WW2 era M-7 SPG, nicknamed the "Priest":

Sure a BISHOP wouldn't be more suitable  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: