Kinetic Model Kits

Started by Green Dragon, April 06, 2009, 04:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Big Gimper

1/72 versions would be very nice.  I would be helpful to have some to make WHIF pylons for these A/C.

Nice box art.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

rickshaw

Quote from: anthonyp on June 25, 2011, 09:50:09 PM
Quote from: GTX on June 25, 2011, 02:32:19 PM
Candidate for a carrier based gunship maybe? :wacko:

Regards,

Greg

Indeed it is, especially since I've been looking for the ancient 1/72 version for just the same reason.

I wasn't aware of an injection C-2.  I know of and have a Falcon vacuform conversion though.  I also know of a hideously IMO expensive RVHP resin/vacuform one.  Are those the ones you mean?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

anthonyp

Quote from: rickshaw on June 26, 2011, 05:43:38 PM
Quote from: anthonyp on June 25, 2011, 09:50:09 PM
Quote from: GTX on June 25, 2011, 02:32:19 PM
Candidate for a carrier based gunship maybe? :wacko:

Regards,

Greg

Indeed it is, especially since I've been looking for the ancient 1/72 version for just the same reason.
Nope.  Was referring to the old Testors C-2A kit from the 80's.  I can't seem to find it online, but I've got one of those old catalogs they included with their kits showing a C-2 in 1/72.
I wasn't aware of an injection C-2.  I know of and have a Falcon vacuform conversion though.  I also know of a hideously IMO expensive RVHP resin/vacuform one.  Are those the ones you mean?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Green Dragon

I seem to remember a Testors C-2 being announced but did they ever release the kit? Italeri announced kits in their catalogue that never appeared or took several years to appear (1/48th Hawk) and we're all still waiting for the Airfix Nautilus and twin-fin EAP!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

Caracal Models have released two decal sheets for the 1/48th Tracker, one USN, one around-the-world:

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CD48002

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/CD48005

Canada, Netherlands, Japan, S.Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rallymodeller

I suppose now wouldn't be the time to mention that the second decal sheet is automatically wrong, no? It amy bne a little JMN of me but the CS2F/CP121s were different than any other Trackers -- they were a foot and a half shorter. It's actually noticeable in 1/72, so in 1/48...

Hopefully Belcher does a conversion kit. I've always wanted to do a proper Canadian Tracker but the conversion is a pain, and attempts have cost me several Hobbycraft and Hasegawa kits over the years...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Weaver

The bumf for the second sheet also mentions an Italeri kit:  Idon't know if that can build the Canuck ones?  :unsure:

Anyway, even if you shorten the standard kit to make a canuck tracker, you're still going to need decals for it!
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

albeback

Quote from: Green Dragon on July 03, 2011, 05:08:45 PM
I seem to remember a Testors C-2 being announced but did they ever release the kit? Italeri announced kits in their catalogue that never appeared or took several years to appear (1/48th Hawk) and we're all still waiting for the Airfix Nautilus and twin-fin EAP!

Paul Harrison

;D As well as the Airfix Chinook!! ( I think the one they DID release was an Italeri original?) Would have been huge whif potential in that twin-fin EAP! ;D
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Green Dragon

Latest announcement on Cybermodeler is a 1/35th Oshkosh MRAP M-ATV (seems to have been pushed back to January 2012) and the 1/48th A-6E intruder. http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/kinetic1.shtml

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Green Dragon

Kinetic has announced a Sea Harrier F/A.2 and the F-5B.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Green Dragon

Forgot to mention they say they're planning to do the whole Harrier Family.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Green Dragon on August 06, 2013, 04:04:14 PM

They're in for a long job then considering there are at least 12 different variants!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 06, 2013, 05:04:57 PM

They're in for a long job then considering there are at least 12 different variants!

.......which we collectively will then extend to  at least another 112 variations
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Rheged on August 07, 2013, 02:04:49 AM

.......which we collectively will then extend to  at least another 112 variations

and kit will do one with longer wings [makes 113 variations now by my count]
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on August 07, 2013, 03:37:24 AM
Quote from: Rheged on August 07, 2013, 02:04:49 AM

and kit will do one with longer wings [makes 113 variations now by my count]

You can do that RW anyway as the GR1s used 'Ferry Tips' sometimes.

Mind you a Harrier PR1 could look good with longer wings, hmmm......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit