Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Just had some outstanding customer service from Airfix Spares Dept. I was building a Skyvan for the Anything But Military GB over on BTS, but the masking fluid I used on the glazings didn't work properly, with the effect that all of them are ruined. They not only had a replacement clear sprue for this model that was last issued in 2002, but they sent it to me yesterday, BEFORE sending me an e-mail asking me for payment, and the part arrived this morning before I had a chance to ring them up and pay them. Total cost? £4 including that very fast postage.

Way to go Airfix!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 12, 2014, 07:54:09 AM
But we can be rebels and glue the cockpit together first eh ?!

:wacko:

Only if we ever actually lay hands on one...  :banghead:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on October 16, 2014, 03:44:23 AM
Just had some outstanding customer service from Airfix Spares Dept.

They always had a great reputation. Glad it's still good
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Good to hear. My favourite model company gets better and better ! Well, except for the part where my LHS can't get their kits anymore ;-)
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

How does one contact the superb Airfix Spares Dept please, never having done it in my whole life before.

I want to buy a new decal sheet for mt F6 Lightning so I can build it as an F6, having used the overwing tank stencils on the PR9.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 16, 2014, 08:21:51 AM
How does one contact the superb Airfix Spares Dept please, never having done it in my whole life before.

I want to buy a new decal sheet for mt F6 Lightning so I can build it as an F6, having used the overwing tank stencils on the PR9.  :banghead:

Through the website here: http://www.airfix.com/contact

It may take them a while to get around to your query (was about 10 days for me).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that, I'll give them a try, no rush to do the F6 for me anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

im fairly certain I just called them, admittedly it was over the crimbo  new year stretch, so I think they were glad of a voice to talk too  <_<
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Howard of Effingham

kit, i can let you have the decal sheet from the new airfix lightning F6 kit as i won't be using it.

would delivery at SMW be ok?
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on October 17, 2014, 02:53:27 AM

kit, i can let you have the decal sheet from the new airfix lightning F6 kit as i won't be using it.

That would be BRILL Trevor, thanks so much.  :thumbsup:

Does that mean you'll be joining the 'No stencils on my Lightning' club too?  :lol:

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 17, 2014, 03:12:38 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on October 17, 2014, 02:53:27 AM

That would be BRILL Trevor, thanks so much.  :thumbsup:

Does that mean you'll be joining the 'No stencils on my Lightning' club too?  :lol:

actually kit having waited so long for decent F6 kits to turn up i have plenty of aftermarket decal sheets for the type. fact is some of the lightning spares i do have have found their way into an ancient pegasus BP P111A kit i bought at southwell last week.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Just a small  :thumbsup: for Humbrol. Got a bottle of their acrylic thinners today (want to see if some of the metal colours behave better on a brush when thinned) and it was absolutely full to the brim  :thumbsup: Much better then all those companies who for instance give you 500 ml in a 750 ml bottle. They only charge you for 500 ml but I just feel it's a bit of a con. I once had to buy two bottles of one manufacturers product in order to fill one bottle  :angry:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 17, 2014, 07:22:58 AM
Just a small  :thumbsup: for Humbrol. Got a bottle of their acrylic thinners today (want to see if some of the metal colours behave better on a brush when thinned) and it was absolutely full to the brim  :thumbsup: Much better then all those companies who for instance give you 500 ml in a 750 ml bottle. They only charge you for 500 ml but I just feel it's a bit of a con. I once had to buy two bottles of one manufacturers product in order to fill one bottle  :angry:

Can't get that stuff in my neck of the woods for love nor money.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on October 17, 2014, 01:42:31 PM

Can't get that stuff in my neck of the woods for love nor money.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

WH Smiths in Reading is probably your nearest branch with a Modelzone Lance. They should have it

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 18, 2014, 05:32:45 AM
Quote from: lancer on October 17, 2014, 01:42:31 PM

WH Smiths in Reading is probably your nearest branch with a Modelzone Lance. They should have it

I was in there earlier in the week and they didn't have any. Plenty of the other stuff, but no Acrylic thinner!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die