Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The Fujimi 19 is best built as a fighter.  You can't just build it as a 19 out of the box without a lot of filling. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Yes.
As I said to Mrs z whenI got their e-mail "lucky we don't still live in the UK or i'd have to be buying loads of Airfix kits".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Bah - still here. Given up on getting to NABD rally today: constant miserable rain since late morning and going to get  MUCH worse, not better. See what it's like in the morning.... :angry:

Same offer goes for any peeps in foreign parts: if you want to take advantage of these Airfix offers (or any offers for that matter), I'm happy to try to facilitate by paying for and shipping the stuff in bulk, at cost. Can't guarantee an advantage until I can calculate the size and weight of the package, but it's worth a try. PM me.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Don't know about anywhere else but for 'straya Airfix appear to be applying a 25 quid (I know there's a pound sign on here somewhere - alt something) minimum postage charge.  It should be possible to get a cheaper deal at a post office.

How about you deliver them to me H?  Free food and board and use of my bike but you pay your own ticket.  I'll even pick you up from the airport.

Seriously, if something I can't resist turns up i'll get it delivered to my parents in Sussex and they'll send it when Mums production of kitting, embroidery and other sewing related stuff reaches critical mass and it needs forwarding.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on May 08, 2015, 06:12:11 PM
Don't know about anywhere else but for 'straya Airfix appear to be applying a 25 quid (I know there's a pound sign on here somewhere - alt something) minimum postage charge.  It should be possible to get a cheaper deal at a post office.

Wouldn't bank on that: I sent some heavy packages to the States recently and found the Royal Mail VERY expensive. Got the best deal by using parcels2go.com

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Seeing the Skua pic on the He 111 box made me remember I have a part finished Pavla one. Was going to be French in Syria and indeed still will be now as she's come out of her storage facility. All part of my France fights on scenario out in Syria against the Turks.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Strange. He seems to think it's all of NA !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

Weaver - oh so tempting! Of course I've seen your kind offer after I went to eBay to stock up on some WW1 stuff, leaving my Visa empty! Next time, Gadget, next time.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

The boxes can be full but I've not found then overly so, and I've a couple of boxing so of that kit.

Could have been damaged in transporting down under, but I would have thought they would go by sea ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Yes I've got that kit as well and it was fine. I know what you're saying tho, and somebody doing the packing could easily get it mixed up in there, especially when cramming it in from the end as opposed to placing it in and putting the top on.

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I've had no problems but I do dislike boxes that open at one end as they force you to tip all the parts out.
The Mk1 Hurricane (rag wing) I got as a freebie for subscribing to AMW was in an open the end box as is the tiger moth and DH Comet I paid money for.  The Typhoon I just bought is on the other hand in a proper take the top off box.
Most irritating in my stash are however a Revell 1/72 Lanc and a Testors 1/72 C119 which are both in open the end boxes.  Very irritating when they are the size they need to be for these planes.
Fred

Captain Canada

I've taped up the ends of those big boxes and used a sharp blade to cut the top open on 3 sides so I could open it as a lid. Then I tape that lid back down for storage.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thats a good idea.  I hate intensely dislike the fact that you can't drop loose bits into end opening boxes as small ones can slid out the gaps around the flaps.
Fred

The Wooksta!

All the Airfix boxes are lid types, barring Series 1 and the starter packs.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic