Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

No worries mate. They themselves made it sound pretty special, and hopefully it's a sign of things to come !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

As you say, it's a start.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

Definitely. I hope to try driving today ( might just let my daughter take me there ) to my LHS and see if he's heard anything. I'd telephone him but it's always easier to talk whilst perusing the plastic  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

So I mentioned the Squadron thing to my LHS and he confirmed the good news ! It's just like we're already noticed, his first order will be stuff that has already been released before the big 'embargo', but the newer stuff will then start coming in as well. Better save my pennies ! He will also be getting the Humbrol paints back in. Good news all around.

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Good to hear Capt  :thumbsup:

You will enjoy these new tools when you get them, if not I'll send the boys round  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Last of the BoB discount bundles:

Airfix Bomber Raid Bundle ABUBOB156

1 x Bomber Re-supply Set 1:72 - A05330
1 x WWII RAF Personnel 1:72 - A01747
1 x Bristol Blenheim MkI Bomber 1:72 - A04016

£24.75  (£37.97 individual RRP)  Save £13.22

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/battle-of-britain-1/airfix-bomber-raid-bundle.html

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Good deal ! I got the supply set before things dried up here, but look forward to seeing the other two !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

The next Dogfight D will be the Wildcat and Kate, as I want both seems a sensible way to get them
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Big Gimper

The 1/72 Whitley is now available at Hannants.

Now I have interesting story about a Whitley. A now deceased neighbor Al Spencer flew on Whitley's.  He was a tail gunner.

It started on November 3, 1943.

3/4.11.43 Whitley Mk V AD675 TY-E 24 OTU

RAF F/Lt J.L. Kennedy RCAF - Pilot - evaded
Sgt J.H. Upton RCAF - Navigator - evaded
Sgt F.W. Forster RCAF - Air Bomber - evaded - POW
WO2 G.A. Gauley RCAF - Wireless Op / Gunner - evaded
Sgt A.E. Spencer RCAF - Gunner - evaded
Sgt F.W.Forster was interned in Cam 4B, PoW No.269844 Courtalain (Eureet-Loir), France

T/O Honeybourne 1834 hrs on nickelling operation over Orleans Turned back with failing engines and aircraft abandoned in the vicinity of Courtalain (Eure-et-Loir), 26km WNW of Chateaudun, France

Al evaded and was rescued by the Maquis (almost shot BTW) and became a Maquis radio operator until he was liberated.  
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Rick Lowe

Cool! Wish more of these folk had told their stories...
then again, a lot of them wouldn't for one reason or another, so we should be grateful for those we do have.

Cheers

Captain Canada

Wow. That is interesting and too right, imagine the stories lost to time. I guess we know which one the Gimper is building !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Strangely the Whitley isn't available on the Airfix site ?

Is it a case of the first load in tend to be already allocated to pre release orders ?

Captain Canada

I think I've asked this before, but any insiders hear any talk about a Super Tucano ? I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do and I'm sure more than a few of us would scoop them up !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Airfix have just tweeted a pic of a reel of film and a stack of (slide?) boxes they've received from the Smithsonian in support of a "2016 project", with a promise of more news to follow tomorrow.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Hmmm...off to Airfix.com and Smithsonian we go !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?