Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

A transport Whitley would look good in the zenrat industries scheme.
Obviously what they were thinking when they put that option in the box.  "How can we get Fred to actually part with some cash...".

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Captain Canada

Great stuff. I'd take at least one of all three. True transport Whitley looks neat.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: lenny100 on October 09, 2015, 04:19:35 AM
the tray is ok (the wife uses one) but i find its to small for anything outside a small 1/72 scale spitfire ect.

I have one and tend to use it during the winter when it gets a bit nippy in the work room. It either sits on a picnic table or it's quite stable on my lap. Allows me to clean parts up and get things ready for assembly. Must admit I've done very little assembly on it however and as Lenny syas it really can't handle much more then single engine 1/72 stuff.

Just checked the Airfix link and the late Beaufighter X looks nice
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Is this the first shackleton to fall into captivity amoung us?

First impressions? Stunning!!!! and Daunting as well, but then, so was the Whitley in the box.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Captain Canada

Congrats ! That looks excellent. What's it gonna be ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 09, 2015, 07:25:00 PM
Congrats ! That looks excellent. What's it gonna be ?

I'll go out a limb and guess it'll be a Shackleton?  ;D

Nice photos of the kit contents in the Airfix board over at Hyperscale:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/578046/message/1444414325/Shackleton+has+arrived+-+picture+heavy.

tigercat

It could be an Oates or a Scott.....

PR19_Kit

This is OGL we're talking about here, there's ZERO chance it'll be an OOB Shack!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Looks to be up to Airfix's current standard  :thumbsup:

I can't see it entering my stash however. It's a little to late for me and I think it would just sit there on the shelf.....but when has that ever stopped me before  :blink: I'll have to read up a bit on the thing and see if I could squeeze it into my Alt WWII scenario which finishes in late 47.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 10, 2015, 03:42:20 AM
This is OGL we're talking about here, there's ZERO chance it'll be an OOB Shack!

Who said anything about OOB, it could still be a Shack, but not as we know it.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

You guys are always good for a laugh  :lol:

The detailed sprue shots ? Wow. That looks awesome. Love the bomb bay already.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on October 10, 2015, 05:12:36 AM

You should hear the ongoing banter when we're all in the same place, like the SIG stand at Telford.  ;) ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 10, 2015, 05:22:28 AM
Quote from: Captain Canada on October 10, 2015, 05:12:36 AM

You should hear the ongoing banter when we're all in the same place, like the SIG stand at Telford.  ;) ;D :lol:

Especially when they all leave me behind the stand alone with only the wine for company  :rolleyes:

JayBee

Chris, there are some things that should not be talked about in decent company, or even public!  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Quote from: Thorvic on October 09, 2015, 04:36:14 AM
http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/jet_provost/

New Jet Provost T3

All three good news.  The Whitley pleasantly surprises me, I would have expected the transport to be left to the aftermarket guys.  Beau's are always good but the one I'm happiest about is the JP.  Fingers crossed for a T.5 as I always think the two look quite different.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.