Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hopefully they fix their NA conundrum soon as well !

:unsure:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Nick on March 15, 2016, 08:11:20 AM
Airfix have seen the light and listened to their retailers. In today's email they announced an end to exclusive models from their website. From now on all model kits will be available via retail outlets and their website now has a shop finder map.

IMHO it would even make sense to offer the brick and mortar retailers some exclusive models.

zenrat

IMO it would make sense to ship kits direct from China/India/North Korea to the Australian and Canadian markets instead of adding unnecessary "kit miles" sending them to the uK before sending them back the way they came.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Some really old ways of thinking in that company if that's how they handle distribution. Shipping costs plus import fees. Today's world you can take the order on the website and ship to the customer straight from the factory. Everyone avoids having products lay around in some warehouse like the plague.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

... if they're actually boxed in the factories that mould then.

It's quite possible, even likely, that the boxing and adding of instructions and decals actually happens in the UK somewhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

andrewj

Exactly that Kit , only bare sprues are shipped to the UK , packaging , decals and intructions are added here and then kits are shipped onwards to customers.

Andrew

zenrat

So establish packaging, decal and instruction addition facilities in Australia and Canadia.
We do have printing presses here now.  Heck, we even have electricity in most States.
Local packaging would also mean local decals could be inserted into boxes where relevant boosting sales here and making special editions which could be sold at a premium back there.

Given I hardly ever use the kit decals i'd be happy to save money by buying unboxed bags and downloading the instructions.
I wonder how many go out the back door of the factory and get sold that way?
I've got a few of those knock-off Matchbox kits with chinese text on the boxes and Letraset decals.  I wonder if that's how they got to the market?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

So the new 1/48th Meatbox is out, and the kit looks nice, but is it just me, or is the box art a bit off?

Looks to me like the nose is too small, the canopy too far forward, the engine pods too straight-sided and the tail surfaces too big.

What do you think?

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that it might be a distortion due to the angle of the box in that picture. They also have this original artwork on the site:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

The angle of the box DOES make the nose look a tad A-10-ish.  ;D

Probably a nice kit. Too bad it's about 1.5 times the size it should be.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 22, 2016, 09:03:44 PM

Looks to me like the nose is too small, the canopy too far forward, the engine pods too straight-sided and the tail surfaces too
big.

What do you think?

The wings are too short..............  ;) ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

JayBee

They would be even shorter in the "true" scale !
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Leading Observer

Any one want a Dakota? Airfix have reduced their Mk IV [Stock No.A08015
]to £10.99 until Monday
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

I got an email from Airfix today to say that they had the re-popped Beagle 206 Bassets  in the country and would be shipping my pair out soon.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

The Bassett is such a nice looking aeroplane. Lots of whiffing ideas for that little beauty !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

JayBee

Yeh, my three should arrive soon.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!