Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2018, 06:10:32 AM
After the recent happenings at both Revell and Heller a bit of movement on the Airfix front.

Hornby have agreed a new financing package with its lenders (up to £18m) to help it in the rebuilding of its brands.

So hopefully that's all of the 3 brands safeguarded  :thumbsup:

PHEWWW!.  That's good news.
-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

Received an Email from Airfix announcing the release of the 1/72 E.E. Lightening at £20 a pop!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2018, 08:25:56 AM
Received an Email from Airfix announcing the release of the 1/72 E.E. Lightening at £20 a pop!

Gondor

Read the e-mail - mine claims the graphics are Hawks LOL
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Eh? 'Release'? The F2A and the F6 have been out for ages, so what are they 'releasing'?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 07, 2018, 08:25:56 AM

Gondor

I must admit my initial assumption was it was in 1/48th. I was surprised to find it wasn't.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AS.12

Quote from: Mossie on June 08, 2018, 04:05:18 AM
New decals.

And another three quid tacked on for the privilege!  I wish my pay went up in line with model prices.

However I see that Hannants have knocked a third off the price of the outgoing F.Mk.6 down to a more sane £13

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AX05042

Grab'em while they're reasonably-priced.

NARSES2

My Airfix Newsletter this morning had shots of the revised tool Me 262 nightfighter/trainer plus the transfer options. Looks nice, just need to remember the wing/engine join when I get it  :-\

Also Hannant's say that the new tool Wellington is imminent.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 23, 2018, 02:27:55 AM

Imminent?  :o

They had a couple of them in my LHS on Monday last. I thought they'd been out ages, or is there a second version en route?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 23, 2018, 06:00:32 AM

They had a couple of them in my LHS on Monday last. I thought they'd been out ages, or is there a second version en route?

Wasn't there some photos of the new tool Wellington where they slipped in a pic of a Merlin engine variant.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 23, 2018, 08:40:03 AM

Wasn't there some photos of the new tool Wellington where they slipped in a pic of a Merlin engine variant.

There was indeed, perhaps it's that one?

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 23, 2018, 08:40:03 AM

Strikes a chord, but no idea where I saw it.

NARSES2

Sure they were the new tool one Kit. Airfix website still has them for pre-order

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/vickers-wellington-mk-ic-1-72.html

NARSES2

Airfix have released a lot of the old OO/HO soft plastic figures sets. Thinking of getting the WWI ones just for nostalgia's sake.  ;D

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 14, 2017, 06:52:40 AM
Interesting find on Britmodeller:

It would appear that the Merlin Wellington may well follow...

I posted this back in November?

Edit: it would appear that the photo embedded has disappeared...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic