Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Airfix dropped a heavy hint on Twitter that they may be about to repop the Rotodyne:

QuoteA rare warehouse sneak peek! What vintage tooling would you like to see us release?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Had a Rotodyne, never built it, sold it on. Could be tempted to buy another but would prefer a Beaver repop, tbh.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Fred Zenrat will be ECSTATIC!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Another vote for the Beaver and a repop of the Basset would be welcome too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

:drink: :cheers: :drink: :cheers: :party:

Well, it's a start.

It'll do as a placeholder while they work on the new mould version.

If we're talking re-pops I'd also like the Whirlwind helicopter back.  And the 1/16 motorcycles.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

I'd rather they did a brand new Rotodyne moulding. Time for Airfix to get away from the rivet era.

That or an Islander re-release with new markings - bonus points if they include plans on how to do a Trislander conversion.  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on October 17, 2021, 05:11:06 AM

That or an Islander re-release with new markings - bonus points if they include plans on how to do a Trislander conversion.  :wacko:

The other way round would be better, a Trislander OOB, but it'd be dead easy to make any Islander variant from that basic kit.

Decals would include G-JOEY of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2021, 04:16:52 AM

If we're talking re-pops I'd also like the Whirlwind helicopter back.  And the 1/16 motorcycles.

The Whirlwind was undersized and the Italeri H-19 needs a new nose and other changes so a new mould UK version of the Whirlwind would be nice.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

A new B-29A would be appreciated with markings for the Boeing Washington.
Or the Avro Anderson.

Knightflyer

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Rheged

A Rotodyne would be very nice, thank you.   I remember building one, and a Dakota, and a Bristol Freighter, in about 1964 or so.  They were all painted with a hairy stick in my own airline livery; white and dark blue cos those were the paints I had.   I suppose that means I've been whiffing since the '60's!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Knightflyer on October 17, 2021, 08:26:37 AM
Avro Anderson ?

Had a half brother called Gerry Anson  :rolleyes: ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Yeah the alternative name of the Avro Anson.

kerick

I could be tempted to do a rotodyne and put it next to an Osprey.
RW markings on the Osprey and whiff markings from RN or RAF on the Rotodyne. Let's say the Rotodyne has been in service like the B-52, really long time.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

scooter

Is it wrong to hope that Airfix, if they do a new mould for the Rotodyne, also scale it up...to 1/48, 1/32, or dare I hope, 1/24?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng