Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Are they going to bring back any of their games ?

Mossie

Quote from: scooter on October 18, 2021, 08:40:21 AM
Is it wrong to hope that Airfix, if they do a new mould for the Rotodyne, also scale it up...to 1/48, 1/32, or dare I hope, 1/24?

Never wrong to hope...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Pellson

Is it wrong to hope that Airfix, if they do a new mould for the Rotodyne, also scale it up...to 1/48, 1/32, or dare I hope, 1/24?

1/24, eh? When built, it should solve your storage problems too..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on October 18, 2021, 12:35:41 PM

:wacko: :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on October 18, 2021, 12:35:41 PM

And create a World-wide styrene shortage. :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Supertom

McColm & Pellson, I've moved the Rotodyne to the Idea Bank under "McColm's Rotodyne." If it's the wrong place (or title), let me know and I'll change it.

Cheers,

Tom
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

zenrat

Yes Scoot.  It IS wrong.  Very wrong indeed.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

There was a build article in a recent Airfix Mode World and the reviewer was bemoaning extra parts on the sprues that he didn't know what they were for.  Clearly he doesn't know Vampires well because a look at one - an intake fairing that looked a bit long - told me instantly, and I'm no Vampire expert at all, that there's an FB.9 on the cards as well as an FB5.

Not that I'm bothered as I don't do 48th.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

I built a 1/48 Hawker Hurricane and restored a 1/48 Boeing B-29A. That was huge until I got hold of my first 1/72 Revell/Monogram RB-36H kit. Now if Airfix can find there way to produce the YB-36 or even the XC-99.

PR19_Kit

I've just managed to get a copy of the November Airfix Mag Chris, and yes, that IS me in the heading pic of the Avon Show.  ;D

Not only that, but I'm standing by our SIG stand, and the one in the foreground is the CPAC stand, my 'local' club, and most of the models in the foreground are my RW ones too!

Fame at last.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: McColm on October 19, 2021, 10:42:53 AM
I built a 1/48 Hawker Hurricane and restored a 1/48 Boeing B-29A. That was huge until I got hold of my first 1/72 Revell/Monogram RB-36H kit. Now if Airfix can find there way to produce the YB-36 or even the XC-99.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2021, 11:35:29 AM
I've just managed to get a copy of the November Airfix Mag Chris, and yes, that IS me in the heading pic of the Avon Show.  ;D

Not only that, but I'm standing by our SIG stand, and the one in the foreground is the CPAC stand, my 'local' club, and most of the models in the foreground are my RW ones too!

Sure that's not infamy?  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on October 19, 2021, 12:17:39 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2021, 11:35:29 AM

Sure that's not infamy?  ;D

Almost certainly.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 19, 2021, 11:36:10 AM
Quote from: McColm on October 19, 2021, 10:42:53 AM

;D ;D ;D :thumbsup: