Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on April 01, 2022, 08:50:13 AM

Airfix has released photos of the 1/24 Avro Lancaster Dam Buster model on Instagram.

Note the date................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 01, 2022, 09:04:36 AM

Airfix has released photos of the 1/24 Avro Lancaster Dam Buster model on Instagram.

;D ;D
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

S.2 boxtop art is the April wallpaper.

Old Wombat

Well, if the sprue shots are anything to go by, then I can see my old 1/48 Buccaneer being relegated to a secondary build role in favour of a new purchase. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Steel Penguin

im wanting a Bucc or 2, what i want are resonably good models, so i think at the price thats being touted for the new ones, i may be looking for the older version 2nd hand
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 01, 2022, 09:04:36 AM

;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Steel Penguin on April 02, 2022, 02:51:52 AM
im wanting a Bucc or 2, what i want are resonably good models, so i think at the price thats being touted for the new ones, i may be looking for the older version 2nd hand
Best of luck, they are still going for a pretty penny on ebay.  Best drop down to 72nd, as the recent tool is the best Bucc in the scale.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

i wargame in 28mm, so not doable, and im quite capable of waiting.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Beermonster58

Quote from: Gondor on April 01, 2022, 10:39:23 AM
Quote from: Mossie on April 01, 2022, 08:27:32 AM
1/48 Buccaneer test sprues:
https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/buccaneer-test-frame-exclusive-and-italian-aviation-style?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=First+look+at+the+newly+tooled+Buccaneer+test+frames&utm_campaign=Airfix-+workbench-+week+1+2022%2F23

At least two options going by those Sprue shots though at a bit over £70 I will be hesitant in buying more than one.

Gondor
With a price of nearly £73, I won't be buying even one!!
Sorry Airfix but, you've priced it way out of my reach

I have a couple of the 1/72 kits but, with the price now a whopping £34 each, I won't be buying any more of them.
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

There's a heck of a lot of plastic in the 1/72 kit box.  But still...

Maybe I shouldn't build mine.  Just treat it as an investment.  Hand it on to my nieces and nephews when I kark it.  By then it might be worth enough to put a deposit down on a house...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Beermonster58

Quote from: zenrat on April 03, 2022, 05:09:43 AM
There's a heck of a lot of plastic in the 1/72 kit box.  But still...

Well, that's true enough but, I bought my kits @ about £25 each and,  even at that I thought the price was on the high side.
However, a 30+% price rise for the 1/72 kit has killed any chance I might have bought others.
I had originally hoped to buy at least 6.
Not a complaint,  just a choice
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

Ebay.  You should be able to get them at reasonable prices, but there's still plenty of the 1989 tooling about.  Yeah, nowhere near as good, but it's the best of a bad bunch.  If you can find the Red boxing with all the new weapons and decals, even better.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Nice. But at 25 notes off the shelf and a good half dozen MPM sitting in various locations in the stash, and a CMR one, I'll give it a miss.   I even have an original Frog one to restore.
They really should have went for a Venom.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: