Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

I went to IWM Duxford BoB Air Show yesterday and glad I went. I saw the might Hind displayed so well by the Czech AF....and found out it was the last display as they are being retired at the end of the year....😪😪
Anyhoo, I spoke to an Airfix rep about current kits....he had a made up, not painted, 1/24 Spit mkIX....with an assembled engine and cockpit next to it. Very impressive. A full layout of sprues which took up a whole table....discussion turned to what's next. He admitted that he already knew what the next 1/24 subject was going to be.....but said if he went any further that a red dot would appear on his forehead. He did admit no plans for any Griffon engined Spit, to much re working involved re panel lines n stuff he said
....nor a modernised FW190A or even new FW190D9.....he also said one of the most popular requests was for a Buccaneer in this scale...to which he laughed....but stopped when met with the stare from me n the two other chaps there....suffice to say, absolutely no plans for a 1/24 Mi24/35 Hind.....git
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Is there enough styrene left in the world for a 1/24 Bucc?  :o

Just the BOX would cost £20!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2022, 02:35:40 PMHeller did quite a few 1/43 cars kits as well, even some F1 cars,  and very good they were too.

Yup, and they are apparently re-releasing a lot of them at the moment, in line with their strategy to become a less military-heavy model kit brand.

Army of One

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 12, 2022, 04:28:55 AMIs there enough styrene left in the world for a 1/24 Bucc?  :o

It would be worth it though wouldn't it...🤔
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

1/24 Lightning, Hunter, or Canberra?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

A 1/24 Canberra would be MASSIVE!

It'd be nearly a YARD wide!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 13, 2022, 05:03:34 AMA 1/24 Canberra would be MASSIVE!

It'd be nearly a YARD wide!  :o

And you'd still say "the wings need their span increasing"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 12, 2022, 04:28:55 AMIs there enough styrene left in the world for a 1/24 Bucc?  :o

There might be, but if they also released a 1/24th Thud, forget about it.

I had the 1/32 Tonka GR.4 once.  That, in an of itself, was a massive box. 

And I want to get another and actually build the blasted thing.

Probably in the blue scheme like my Londthyrian Hustler
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

And we still need our new mould 1/72 Rotodyne...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 13, 2022, 05:30:01 AMAnd we still need our new mould 1/72 Rotodyne...

And in 1/48, 1/32, 1/24...
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

PR19_Kit

A 1/24 'dyne, now that WOULD be something.  :o

Would it have scale sound too though?  ;D

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 13, 2022, 06:24:33 AMA 1/24 'dyne, now that WOULD be something.  :o

Would it have scale sound too though?  ;D

I'm sure audio fx folks could come up with something.
Gone But Not Forgotten

— Groucho Marx

McColm

No doubt that would come with electric motors.

AeroplaneDriver

1/24 Sea Fury?  WYVERN??   ;D  ;D

I've never built a 1/24 but I'd love to see a Hunter or Lightning. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Mossie

I've often thought a 1/24 Tiger Moth would fit the Airfix range well.

Failing that, a 1/24 Harrier GR.7/9 to complement the GR.1 they've re-released.

And a 1/24 Westland Wessex cos the Fly 1/32 kit isn't time consuming enough...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.