Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

There's a good Modeldecal sheet with Wessex and or Chinnook markings on it that are ideal for it. Don't recall the number though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on November 03, 2023, 10:27:22 PMRotodyne returns - as a 'Vintage Classic' repop.

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/fairey-rotodyne-spectacular-product-britains-aviation-industry

That should make Fred reasonably happy! :thumbsup:

A new mould Rotodyne would have made him ecstatic! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 04, 2023, 01:47:03 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on November 03, 2023, 10:27:22 PMRotodyne returns - as a 'Vintage Classic' repop.

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/fairey-rotodyne-spectacular-product-britains-aviation-industry

Probably would have caused our planet to have a slight "wobble" in its orbit around Sol. ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

I somehow don't think that many Rotodyne kits will be completed in the kit colour options. I myself see multiple versions of an AT-AT (Armed Tactical Assault Transport). It could land in a  space  about the same size as a Chinook and, given that the latter isn't exactly quiet either, I suspect that noise from the tip jets (only used in vertical flight) would not be of importance in such a scenario. Anyway, that's  my story and, I'm sticking to it!! ;)  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

Quote from: Accidental Loggie on November 04, 2023, 12:55:12 AM

The longer it takes for Airfix to release it this time, the more options run through the Whiffery part of my brain, increasingly causing decision paralysis!  I see at least a 7 Sqn one, but there may be more later...

I've already got two on pre-order with an LHS.
One will be in the kit Fairey scheme but with subtle mods and detail improvements.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

The longer it takes for Airfix to release it this time, the more options run through the Whiffery part of my brain, increasingly causing decision paralysis!  I see at least a 7 Sqn one, but there may be more later...

As Lee says there is a Modeldecal set, Number 99, that has 7 Squadron marking on it. You also get Wessex HAS 1 & 3 markings and some for a Lightning of 56 squadron so you could go Naval or Air Force from the one sheet.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2023, 01:53:45 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 04, 2023, 01:47:03 AM

Probably would have caused our planet to have a slight "wobble" in its orbit around Sol. ;D

I have come to accept that will never happen.   Some aftermarket upgrades inspired by the re-pop would be very welcome though.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on November 04, 2023, 03:41:39 AMI have come to accept that will never happen.   Some aftermarket upgrades inspired by the re-pop would be very welcome though.

Such as a resin 'Beaver Tail' like the RAF's Argosies perhaps.......................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on November 04, 2023, 03:07:16 AM

As Lee says there is a Modeldecal set, Number 99, that has 7 Squadron marking on it. You also get Wessex HAS 1 & 3 markings and some for a Lightning of 56 squadron so you could go Naval or Air Force from the one sheet.

Gondor

Not the one I'm thinking of, will come back later.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Modeldecal 89 and 95 are the two I was thinking of.  I bought quite a few at Telford last year before they all vanished.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 04, 2023, 11:42:28 AMModeldecal 89 and 95 are the two I was thinking of.  I bought quite a few at Telford last year before they all vanished.

Yeah, 95 is a good one with all the Wessex options although 7 Sqn was talked about which is why I said 99.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Hmm... I've got Modeldecal 89 and 99. One set is going on a CH-53 one of these years, but that leaves the others spare...

There are still 20+ Modeldecal 89s on Hannants and they're only a fiver each...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2023, 06:39:57 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 04, 2023, 03:41:39 AMI have come to accept that will never happen.   Some aftermarket upgrades inspired by the re-pop would be very welcome though.

Such as a resin 'Beaver Tail' like the RAF's Argosies perhaps.......................  ;)

Better detailed rotor head & tip jets, cockpit, cabin interior etc.
Fred

Beermonster58

Or,instead of wasting money on aftermarket frippery  which would probably cost as much as, if not more than the basic kit, one could conceivably scratch build a fair amount of cockpit/interior detail? I'd venture to suggest that most, if not all of us have a fair bit of modeling time under our belts so, it shouldn't be that difficult! ;)  ;D  :rolleyes:  Use the money otherwise saved to buy another Rotodyne(s)?
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 05, 2023, 03:56:25 AMOr,instead of wasting money on aftermarket frippery  which would probably cost as much as, if not more than the basic kit, one could conceivably scratch build a fair amount of cockpit/interior detail? I'd venture to suggest that most, if not all of us have a fair bit of modeling time under our belts so, it shouldn't be that difficult! ;)  ;D  :rolleyes:  Use the money otherwise saved to buy another Rotodyne(s)?

I like the way you think! :thumbsup:
And I find scratching up that sort of detail fun, which is what the hobby is supposed to be...
Plus, I'm Cheap - oh, I mentioned that already? Multiple times? Never mind, then...  ;)