Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2023, 05:46:09 AM
Quote from: Pellson on November 07, 2023, 01:14:06 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2023, 12:28:12 AM..the money we spend on our hobby it is from the disposable section of our income rather than the essentials part.

I think that can be a subject for a rather extensive debate, in particular if a few better halves get involved....  ;D

All you need to do when the subject comes up is to open the wardrobe door, point at the shoes and then run  :angel:

I married a research botanist so I wouldn't point at the shoes or handbags, but at the "choice" specimens in the flower beds.     Fortunately we have an understanding;  Bridget doesn't question my kit or photographic buys as long as things are reasonably neatly stored and I don't question her planting choices as long as they don't have too many thorns........................and we both buy too many  books.   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Quote from: Rheged on November 07, 2023, 11:41:31 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2023, 05:46:09 AM
Quote from: Pellson on November 07, 2023, 01:14:06 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 07, 2023, 12:28:12 AM..the money we spend on our hobby it is from the disposable section of our income rather than the essentials part.

I think that can be a subject for a rather extensive debate, in particular if a few better halves get involved....  ;D

All you need to do when the subject comes up is to open the wardrobe door, point at the shoes and then run  :angel:

I married a research botanist so I wouldn't point at the shoes or handbags, but at the "choice" specimens in the flower beds.     Fortunately we have an understanding;  Bridget doesn't question my kit or photographic buys as long as things are reasonably neatly stored and I don't question her planting choices as long as they don't have too many thorns........................and we both buy too many  books.   
Or plants that bite  :o
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

The late Mrs PR19 only had one complaint about my 'stuff', and that was about the kitchen door stop.

Mind you, it was a Hillman Imp engine block.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

This conversation is a little off track!

So any new kits from Airfix to buy? :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on November 07, 2023, 10:47:17 AM
Quote from: kerick on November 07, 2023, 08:24:39 AMOne time my wife got really mad at me about buying another model I told her it was better than coming home drunk and puking on the living room floor. I might be puttering around in the basement but at least you know where I am.

Im impressed. You lived to see another day...............

Yea, but has he been let out of the basement since ?  ;)  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

Quote from: kerick on November 07, 2023, 02:16:36 PMThis conversation is a little off track!

There's another bargain aircraft  bundle to be had at the Airfix shop! ;D .1 don't have £150 to spare though!  ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

kerick

Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 08, 2023, 12:40:22 AM
Quote from: kerick on November 07, 2023, 02:16:36 PMThis conversation is a little off track!

There's another bargain aircraft  bundle to be had at the Airfix shop! ;D .1 don't have £150 to spare though!  ;D

Me either! Plus I'll never build all the ones I have!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Beermonster58

Quote from: kerick on November 08, 2023, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 08, 2023, 12:40:22 AM

Me either! Plus I'll never build all the ones I have!
I find there's just no point now in  building up huge numbers of kits that, as you point out, you will never build. I donated most of mine to Models For Heroes and, a local charity shop. I now have a very manageable number left and, when I do buy kits nowadays it's on a one for two basis, i e,  I build two before I buy another one! Suits my budget very well ! ;D

PR19_Kit

But with a larger number in stock you always have loads of opportunities to build Whiffs, more shapes that could be needed to fill in the gaps that your imagination produces.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2023, 03:08:58 AMBut with a larger number in stock you always have loads of opportunities to build Whiffs, more shapes that could be needed to fill in the gaps that your imagination produces.......
[/quote
 :thumbsup:  ;D .Actually, a lot of them DO end up that way...........! My Airfix B-29 is currently morphing into a Luftwaffe '46 long range bomber project and, one of my Lancasters will morph into a R R Griffon engined Avro Manchester (using engines from an old FROG Avro Shackleton). Of course, once my own iteration of the Manchester appears, someone will produce a proper model......! :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 09, 2023, 04:38:05 AMOf course, once my own iteration of the Manchester appears, someone will produce a proper model......! :rolleyes:

Of course they will, they scour our build lists and then think 'That's a good idea' and go ahead and make one too.  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 09, 2023, 06:52:44 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 09, 2023, 04:38:05 AMOf course, once my own iteration of the Manchester appears, someone will produce a proper model......! :rolleyes:

Of course they will, they scour our build lists and then think 'That's a good idea' and go ahead and make one too.  :banghead:
;D  ;D . Well, in that case,I'd better get cracking on a Vulcan B1/B1A and Lincoln then!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 09, 2023, 07:56:15 AM

;D  ;D . Well, in that case,I'd better get cracking on a Vulcan B1/B1A and Lincoln then!

I'm sure there are people who will appreciate your Taking One For The Team!  ;D

Gondor

Airfix just announced a new tool 1/72 Me 410. Markings and parts for two different sub-variants, with the marking being for two machines, one in the USA and the other in the UK

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Beermonster58

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 10, 2023, 01:25:11 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 09, 2023, 07:56:15 AM

It's my pleasure! :thumbsup:

I'm sure there are people who will appreciate your Taking One For The Team!  ;D