Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

No idea why I didn't remember that feature as I have built two of them. But yes, it is a feature of the kit, I have just looked at the instructions on Scalemates and the gun bays are openable on both wings and the kit come complete with the interiors  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on January 04, 2024, 01:08:16 AMNo idea why I didn't remember that feature as I have built two of them. But yes, it is a feature of the kit, I have just looked at the instructions on Scalemates and the gun bays are openable on both wings and the kit come complete with the interiors  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Gondor

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

Quote from: Wardukw on January 03, 2024, 10:19:40 PMIf it wasn't for Lulf 46 and Paper Panzers modelling would be boring beyond words.
We've all built so many of the same subject over the yrs it's mental.
How many 109s or Spitfires or Mustangs can ya build without changing anything ..your choices aren't  many when you think about it.
But wiffys open so many new worlds of model building im not even going to try to calculate the numbers but from what we all build and how many ideas are still being built the numbers are monstrous.
Closed minds open no doors so their always in the same place.
Totally agree and, I'm delighted to see an increase in the range of Luftwaffe '46 and "paper panzers" from companies like Modelcollect!
Have you tried their "Fist of War" series?
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 03, 2024, 03:23:09 PMVarious threads on Facebook with utter knackas asking for the most ridiculous subjects. A Junkers Ju 288 FFS?

It's a form of oneupmanship, they think asking for something obscure lifts them in the eyes of their peers.  In reality we just think "dick".
It probably happens in most modelling genres.  It does in the model car world.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Usually with phrases like 'I'm sure they'd sell loads of them, I'd buy at least two'.

But no -one else would of course.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Wardukw on January 03, 2024, 10:19:40 PMIf it wasn't for Lulf 46 and Paper Panzers modelling would be boring beyond words.
How many 109s or Spitfires or Mustangs can ya build without changing anything ..your choices aren't  many when you think about it.
But wiffys open so many new worlds of model building im not even going to try to calculate the numbers but from what we all build and how many ideas are still being built the numbers are monstrous.

You need a minimum of 130 Spitfire kits to do all the real world variations, and that's before you start on squadrons.  I took a decade and well over 300 to whiff my way through.  And I still haven't finished, I'm just taking time out.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 04, 2024, 04:40:31 AM

You need a minimum of 130 Spitfire kits to do all the real world variations, and that's before you start on squadrons.  I took a decade and well over 300 to whiff my way through.  And I still haven't finished, I'm just taking time out.
But Lee mate your kinda like the exception to the rule so to speck.along with a few others on here ill bet 😊  .yup your addiction is the Spitfire and bloody good on ya for it..it's a beautiful plane but your wiffied 300 odd of em too .
Addiction or dedication..either description works..the point here is your open minded more than enough to wiffy Spitfires and anything else that takes your fancy 😉
The ones I'm really pointing a stick at are the ones who wouldn't change a thing or would change everything as long as it's RW..if it didn't exist then it's rubbish and should be binned.
Thank who ever for us guys ..the wiffy builders ..without us to keep buying and wanting wiffy models the manufacturers wouldn't have opened their eyes and starting making wiffy subjects.
That shows that wiffys are serious subjects and not just some flights of fancy .
When a company like Miniart produces models with their quality and price start to produce wiffys..ya know what we do changes this hobby and all for the better 😀

Beermonster matey I have indeed and I fully intend to add at least 3 of their kits to the stash ..more if one grabs me and oh that's very possible  ;D  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Beermonster58

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 04, 2024, 02:38:31 AMUsually with phrases like 'I'm sure they'd sell loads of them, I'd buy at least two'.

But no -one else would of course.  :banghead:
You forgot the phrases.:
"licence to print money"
"potential gold mine"
"sure fire best seller"

Ps - I'd rather like a Ju-288😂

Beermonster58

Quote from: Wardukw on January 04, 2024, 10:36:14 AM

But Lee mate your kinda like the exception to the rule so to speck.along with a few others on here ill bet 😊  .yup your addiction is the Spitfire and bloody good on ya for it..it's
Quote from: Wardukw on January 04, 2024, 10:36:14 AM

But Lee mate your kinda like the exception to the rule so to speck.along with a few others on here ill bet 😊  .yup your addiction is the Spitfire and bloody good on ya for it..it's a beautiful plane but your wiffied 300 odd of em too .
Addiction or dedication..either description works..the point here is your open minded more than enough to wiffy Spitfires and anything else that takes your fancy 😉
The ones I'm really pointing a stick at are the ones who wouldn't change a thing or would change everything as long as it's RW..if it didn't exist then it's rubbish and should be binned.
Thank who ever for us guys ..the wiffy builders ..without us to keep buying and wanting wiffy models the manufacturers wouldn't have opened their eyes and starting making wiffy subjects.
That shows that wiffys are serious subjects and not just some flights of fancy .
When a company like Miniart produces models with their quality and price start to produce wiffys..ya know what we do changes this hobby and all for the better 😀

Beermonster matey I have indeed and I fully intend to add at least 3 of their kits to the stash ..more if one grabs me and oh that's very possible  ;D  ;D

I tend to stick to the 1/72 Modelcollect kits. They are quite expensive but, quality is excellent.
 I don't have ANY Spitfires. Boring things! 😂. My flat is a totally Spitfire free zone.

Got over 30 Bf-109s and, Fw-190s though! 😂

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 04, 2024, 02:25:41 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 03, 2024, 03:23:09 PMVarious threads on Facebook with utter knackas asking for the most ridiculous subjects. A Junkers Ju 288 FFS?

It's a form of oneupmanship, they think asking for something obscure lifts them in the eyes of their peers.  In reality we just think "dick".
It probably happens in most modelling genres.  It does in the model car world.

It's not limited to the modelling world either. Happens all the time in the most mundane of everyday circumstances, let alone the more obscure.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2024, 06:20:26 AMIt's not limited to the modelling world either. Happens all the time in the most mundane of everyday circumstances, let alone the more obscure.

"What bands are you into then?"

"Oh I'm sure you haven't heard of any of them..."

Hipster 101...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on January 05, 2024, 08:23:53 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on January 05, 2024, 06:20:26 AMIt's not limited to the modelling world either. Happens all the time in the most mundane of everyday circumstances, let alone the more obscure.

Hipster 101...

Yeah, bands they "discovered" on vinyl, like Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Alan Parsons Project, Steely Dan, Procol Harem, et al.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Leading Observer

I had notification that the Rotodyne I have on backorder from Airfix is being prepared for dispatch
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 05, 2024, 08:50:49 AM
Quote from: Weaver on January 05, 2024, 08:23:53 AM

Hipster 101...

Yeah, bands they "discovered" on vinyl, like Jethro Tull, Blue Oyster Cult, Alan Parsons Project, Steely Dan, Procol Harem, et al.

That's when you trump them with the off hand remark "Oh yeah, I saw them all live, back in the day... when they were still alive and touring."  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: Leading Observer on January 05, 2024, 02:25:50 PMI had notification that the Rotodyne I have on backorder from Airfix is being prepared for dispatch

I'll send Zenrat some extra tranquilisers  :angel: