Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I hope it sells well as then they may do some of the other classes too. A Tyne or a Tamar would be great, specially the Tamar as it carries a D Class boat hidden under its transom.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Beermonster58

I confess to being somewhat puzzled by the apparent popularity of a lifeboat as a modelling subject but, what do I know, I'm just a customer!! ;)  ;D .If it sells well and brings in lots of pennies then who am I to argue.  I'm hoping that Airfix will also issue the new Bf-109F-4 as a stand alone (i e NON starter kit/NON Dogfight Double option). I don't mind it being a quick build kit because I need lots of them to use up the left over decals from the Eduard Bf-109F combi kit! ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

I suspect it more likely they'll do a proper kit of the 109F at some point in the near future.

As for a decal hanger, what about the Zvezda kit?  Cheaper and already available. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Beermonster58

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 18, 2024, 04:20:56 AMI suspect it more likely they'll do a proper kit of the 109F at some point in the near future.

As for a decal hanger, what about the Zvezda kit?  Cheaper and already available. 
:thumbsup:
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

Even if they were to do a proper kit of the F, I'd ignore it and go straight to the Eduard weekend F when it comes out.  Similar price, better quality and oodles of spares.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 19, 2024, 01:15:31 AMEven if they were to do a proper kit of the F, I'd ignore it and go straight to the Eduard weekend F when it comes out.  Similar price, better quality and oodles of spares.

Absolutely, a stunner of a kit.

Mind you the AZ/KP kits are nice as well, and they do some Wifs.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.