Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Airfix currently have a deal on: spend £50 on their website and they add a FREE 1/48th Spitfire Mk.Vb to your order. No end date: it's on for as long as stocks last.

Unfortunately I've just ordered the last few things I imagine I'll want from Airfix for a while, but if any members or groups of members want to take advantage of this, I'll be happy to put the order in so that you can take advantage of my 10% Club Discount (my "reward" will be the Hobby Reward points from the buy, in case you're wondering). Bear in mind that if it works the usual way, the spend AFTER club discount but BEFORE postage will have to be over £50.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Beermonster58

I lost interest when I saw that the freebie was a Spitfire :-\  ;D 
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

PR19_Kit

I lost interest when I saw that the freebie was 1/48.  :-\
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I was never interested because I know what Airfix charge for postage to here.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 10, 2024, 04:50:55 AMI was never interested because I know what Airfix charge for postage to here.

As a matter of interest what would the postage be ? Thought I'd compare it to what RM would charge me to send to Aus. Probably no difference, but ??
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Airfix charge a minimum of 50 quid for shipping to Australia.
I can get free shipping if I spend over 250 quid...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 11, 2024, 04:47:14 AMAirfix charge a minimum of 50 quid for shipping to Australia.
I can get free shipping if I spend over 250 quid...

I'll weigh a few things and look at some prices over the weekend mate. As much for my interest as anything else. I'll get back to you.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Airfix have a new "bundle" offer on their website: https://uk.airfix.com/products/achtung-luftwaffe-aircraft-bundle-bundlea50

It's the "Achtung Luftwaffe" bundle: £174 worth of kits for £100 - that's 42% off.

Bundle includes (all 1/72nd):
Bf 109E-4
Bf 109G-6
Fw 190A-9
Bf 110EE-2 Trop
Me 262A-1a/2a
Me 410 A-1/U2 & U4
Ju 87B-1
He 111P-2
Do 17z

There's another good value bundle on the site: https://uk.airfix.com/products/bomber-command-bundle-bundlea49

This is the Bomber Command bundle: £164 worth of kits for £100 (39% off).

Bundle includes (all 1/72nd):

Lancaster B.III Special (Dambusters)
Wellington Mk.1A/C
Whitley Mk.V
RAF Bomber Resupply Set
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

And ANOTHER offer - coming thick and fast these days...

This time they're celebrating being in their Margate headquarters for 70 years.
The offer is 15% off in-stock orders, for a limited time (unspecified) only.
Enter code 70YEARS15 at the checkout to receive the discount.

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

Workbench again, this time with a re-release of the 1/48 Chipmunk.  New decal options for Irish Air Corps, Portuguese Air Force and The Queen's Flight RAF, personal aircraft of Prince Charles.
https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/his-majestys-chipmunk-service
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Mossie on September 14, 2024, 08:45:06 AMWorkbench again, this time with a re-release of the 1/48 Chipmunk.  New decal options for Irish Air Corps, Portuguese Air Force and The Queen's Flight RAF, personal aircraft of Prince Charles.
https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/workbench/his-majestys-chipmunk-service

Seriously considering one of these to build as a rw PoAF bird for my father-in-law, he was a PA (air force police) and used to do security for these, the T-33 and the Cessna FTB-337G Skymaster.   :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 15, 2024, 01:47:33 AM
Quote from: Mossie on September 14, 2024, 08:45:06 AMWorkbench again, this time with a re-release of the 1/48 Chipmunk.  New decal options for Irish Air Corps, Portuguese Air Force and The Queen's Flight RAF, personal aircraft of Prince Charles.

Seriously considering one of these to build as a rw PoAF bird for my father-in-law, he was a PA (air force police) and used to do security for these, the T-33 and the Cessna FTB-337G Skymaster.   :thumbsup:

That'd be a nice surprise  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 15, 2024, 01:49:35 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 15, 2024, 01:47:33 AM

Seriously considering one of these to build as a rw PoAF bird for my father-in-law, he was a PA (air force police) and used to do security for these, the T-33 and the Cessna FTB-337G Skymaster.  :thumbsup:

That'd be a nice surprise  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:  Also wanna try converting the Hobbyboss M706 Commando into the Portuguese Bravia Chaimite V200 which was one of the vehicles my dad drove during his military service.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 15, 2024, 02:11:21 AM:thumbsup:  Also wanna try converting the Hobbyboss M706 Commando into the Portuguese Bravia Chaimite V200 which was one of the vehicles my dad drove during his military service.

Y'know, if you started with one of their open-topped USAF M-706 kits, that'd be pretty achievable. Or plating over the hole of the turreted version is another option.
There is a 1/56 printable, but it depends how large you want it, and how fussy you are about working with plastic only, or filling in the inevitable 'stepping' from the printing process.

FWIW, HTH

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 15, 2024, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 15, 2024, 02:11:21 AM:thumbsup:  Also wanna try converting the Hobbyboss M706 Commando into the Portuguese Bravia Chaimite V200 which was one of the vehicles my dad drove during his military service.

Y'know, if you started with one of their open-topped USAF M-706 kits, that'd be pretty achievable. Or plating over the hole of the turreted version is another option.
There is a 1/56 printable, but it depends how large you want it, and how fussy you are about working with plastic only, or filling in the inevitable 'stepping' from the printing process.

FWIW, HTH

Rick, thanks for the suggestion but the one i wanna build is the V-200, which had the turret back in 1974 so, no need to delete it. They had a few different models but that's the one my dad drove the most.
The rear of the car is where i'm predicting more work...

You cannot view this attachment.

I do prefer styrene over resin so i think it'll be easier for me to modify and scratchbuild stuff for a styrene kit. I'm thinking of using this kit.
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hobbyboss-82418-m706-commando-armored-car--106201

I think this will be my best bet to have the least amount of work but, although i do prefer plastic, i've also tried to contact ModelismoNP, a PT brand who did the exact one in resin a few years ago. That one wouldn't need mods so i wouldn't mind trying it... still waiting for their reply, though... :-\

P.S.: The brand is a one man show and, if he's still selling the kits, i bet they will cost at least three times as much as the HB kit and that will probably determine if i get it or the HB M706 kit...