Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I may have come across a little curt.  I apologise if I did.
You should still have read it though.   ;D

I presume there was a cottage (?) industry producing these display models?  Another job gone the way of typewriter mechanic, print journalist, and principled politician... :-\
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on September 19, 2023, 05:08:00 AMprincipled politician... :-\

I don't think there's ever been such creature as a "principled politician".  And if there was, they certainly wouldn't survive re-election.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 19, 2023, 05:08:00 AMI may have come across a little curt.  I apologise if I did.

Not at all, I should of read it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

Quote from: scooter on September 19, 2023, 05:40:35 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 19, 2023, 05:08:00 AMprincipled politician... :-\

I don't think there's ever been such creature as a "principled politician".  And if there was, they certainly wouldn't survive re-election.
They're even rarer than honest politicians
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

kerick

To be a politician you have to think differently than most people. Very differently.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

jcf

Quote from: scooter on September 19, 2023, 05:40:35 AM

All politicians are principled, it's just that principles vary.  ;D ;)

BTW there has been, and are, many principled politicians in the positive sense of the word. 

The notion that all politicians are the same is one of the reasons that demagogues become
empowered. They're demonstrably not all the same.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: jcf on September 19, 2023, 11:10:46 AMAll politicians are principled, it's just that principles vary.  ;D ;)

Is that a euphemism for 'Prices'? :-X ;D

Yeah, Hat-Coat-Book...  :rolleyes:

Pellson

[rant]
Having worked for several years in a business with quite close political ties, I have to disagree. There are politicians who very much fulfill the popular image of a lying scoundrel, but there are also others with very firm and unchanging views on central matters, driven by a very real desire to actually change our society for the better of the many. However, the system in which they have to work, i.e representative democracy with majority rule, makes for haggling and "buying" progress in one issue by selling something else, and that benefits the scoundrels.
Above said, there is yet another system to be found that actually better takes care of the average man than the western socioliberal system. And this is regardless of what both Mrs Thatcher and Mr Trump says, who both would have been relegated to very minor roles in the world, hadn't it been for said system that gave them a platform to work from. SO - to conclude - it is, in the bigger picture, really neither the system nor the politicians that's failing us. It's us failing ourselves, because we, as voters, seem to be too daft to actually promote those who will benefit us strategically rather than in the very short and unsustainable term.
/[rant]

Right. I expect this is well beyond the rule of no politics, but I had to get it out, and for that rule violation, I am profoundly sorry.
Also, I still am quite pleased that Airfix exists, and not only because of them having provided most of my early childhood kits, but for having finally produced absolutely lovely renditions of all three V-bombers in my favourite scale. I hope they'll continue down that track, as there are transports and tankers and God knows what that are very British specific, and that I can't see any other mainstream model maker taking on. And if the price to have this happen is to pay £50 a kit, so be it. If they're big.

Right. I'll crawl back under my rock now. Don't disturb me - I might bite inadvertently..  :banghead:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

I'll leave this as is, as it's more about political systems than politics, but let's leave it at this point and return to discussions regarding Airfix please.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Rick Lowe on September 19, 2023, 10:23:13 PM
Quote from: jcf on September 19, 2023, 11:10:46 AMAll politicians are principled, it's just that principles vary.  ;D ;)

Is that a euphemism for 'Prices'? :-X ;D

Yeah, Hat-Coat-Book...  :rolleyes:

Indeed.....tut,tut

NARSES2

Getting back on subject  :angel: I'm just wondering what, or indeed if, Airfix will be making any major announcements at Telford this year ?

Old Wombat

I'd like to see them bring out a 1/72 B-25J Mitchell, they've set up the design of their B-25B/C kit to be modified to make several versions, it's about time they did!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 20, 2023, 05:59:59 AMGetting back on subject  :angel: I'm just wondering what, or indeed if, Airfix will be making any major announcements at Telford this year ?

I'm still hoping for a Farley Fruitbat in 1/127. Don't mind if it's the coal fired steam engine or the scrumpy powered turboprop.  ;D

In reality I expect something like several reboxings of recent kits with new decal schemes, the Ferret, the Buccaneers etc. I think we're overdue for a Cold War jet like a new Jaguar or Tornado but the market has plenty of those.
Big announcement?
1/24 Corsair or Swordfish
Hawker Typhoon in 1/48

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 20, 2023, 05:59:59 AMGetting back on subject  :angel: I'm just wondering what, or indeed if, Airfix will be making any major announcements at Telford this year ?

1/48 Sunderland?  With sprues for all marks and Sandringham?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2023, 07:10:51 AM

I'm still hoping for a Farley Fruitbat in 1/127. Don't mind if it's the coal fired steam engine or the scrumpy powered turboprop.  ;D

Funny you should mention the Fruitbat.   The story around Hereford is that Weston's cider are trialling a restored Fruitbat  fuelled by the calvados-like spirit fermented from the left over apple waste (pomace)  after the juice has been extracted.  Evidence for this?   A lot of legless mechanics at Shobdon every time the mystery aircraft in hanger two is refuelled.

As to Airfix big announcement, there are rumours of a Maritime Masterpieces new issue/reissue range....  Wasa (1628)   Victory (1765), HMS Warrior (1860), Imperial Russian Navy  Novgorod(1875) ,   HMS Dreadnought (1906)  USS Kentucky (BB66)    etc   Possible extra is a "Broadside Double"  multi-kit of USS Chesapeake and HMS Shannon
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet