Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

The 'Wooksta Effect'...  ;)

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 10, 2023, 02:04:27 PM
Quote from: Gondor on November 10, 2023, 02:18:55 AMAirfix just announced a new tool 1/72 Me 410. Markings and parts for two different sub-variants, with the marking being for two machines, one in the USA and the other in the UK

Even Airfix are getting into the 'Captured' thing.  :o

They are in museums in each country and in markings appropriate to their original operators.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on November 10, 2023, 02:36:56 PMThey are in museums in each country and in markings appropriate to their original operators.

Awww, spolsports. :(

But a new 410 sounds pretty good, hasn't been on around for ages. Even if there HAS been one..............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 10, 2023, 09:55:50 PMBut a new 410 sounds pretty good, hasn't been on around for ages. Even if there HAS been one..............

Me and Young Nick were discussing this last night over pizza and a pint. Did Matchbox do one ? Italeri did, may have been ESCI originally ? and I've one in the stash. Also one of the Japanese companies did one, Fujimi ? And no I haven't looked on Scalemates I'll leave that to the more computer literate  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Matchbox and FROG did 410s, Italeri has done a 210 and a 410.

And that's without referring to Scalemates, and squinting cos my reading glasses are not to hand!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Beermonster58

Well, to answer an earlier point, while I don't know who this "we "is that's supposed to have been "asking loudly and repeatedly" for a Scimitar for a long time, DB Models will be at Telford this weekend with a 3d print of their first 1/48 kit - a Scimitar. I neither need ,want or even have any interest in one though so, I'll take the 410 several times over any day! ;)  ;D
With that big gun sticking out the front, it's just dying for a desert camo scheme as a tank buster! 😊
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

rickshaw

Finemold did several 410s.  Frog did one as did Italerie who also did a 210. :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Hasegawa reboxed Frog's 410 moulds.  Both the Frog and the Italeri are fairly crude by modern standards.

Is this an accurate real world 410 or (like the Mosquito) an accurate model of the aircraft in the museums?
Hopefully Airfix have learnt a lesson and it's the former.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on November 11, 2023, 02:36:32 AMHasegawa reboxed Frog's 410 moulds.  Both the Frog and the Italeri are fairly crude by modern standards.

Is this an accurate real world 410 or (like the Mosquito) an accurate model of the aircraft in the museums?

Probably scanned from the two in museums so it all depends on how accurate the museums got them.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Leading Observer

Quote from: Gondor on November 11, 2023, 03:34:40 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 11, 2023, 02:36:32 AMHasegawa reboxed Frog's 410 moulds.  Both the Frog and the Italeri are fairly crude by modern standards.

Probably scanned from the two in museums so it all depends on how accurate the museums got them.

Gondor

On the Airfix YouTube Sprue Talk evidently they only scanned the Cosford example as the US one is in storage
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

PR19_Kit

I bought one today at SMW, and it looks pretty good. LOTS of engineering in there, including a socking great spar to ensure you get the dihedral right.

Both the side guns elevate together, via a drum thing that goes right through the fuselage, would that be correct? I'd have thought they'd be more flexible if they could be aimed independently.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 11, 2023, 02:05:02 PMI bought one today at SMW, and it looks pretty good. LOTS of engineering in there, including a socking great spar to ensure you get the dihedral right.

Both the side guns elevate together, via a drum thing that goes right through the fuselage, would that be correct? I'd have thought they'd be more flexible if they could be aimed independently.
How would a single gunner be able to track and engage separate targets at the same time?
;)

The turrets moved together in the vertical plane but the guns moved independently in the horizontal plane.

PR19_Kit

I wouldn't expect him to, but if there were two attacks coming in on different sides it might save time NOT to have to change the elevation of the appropriate gun.

Regards
Kit

bil

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 11, 2023, 02:05:02 PMI bought one today at SMW, and it looks pretty good.

I didn't, although it does look good. Could it replace the 1960's vintage Lindberg kit in my affections? Spoiler alert: yes, when I get round to adding it to the stach some time in the future.

For completion, let's not forget the resin LF Me210; the only early, short fuselage 210 that I'm aware of.

The Wooksta!

Toad resins did an Me 210 but at a time when Dennis Ives was doing their mastering and casting.  To call him a pirate would be to do pirates a disservice.  I've never seen one, although somehow I did get the decals.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic