Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 11, 2023, 12:31:35 AMWith that big gun sticking out the front, it's just dying for a desert camo scheme as a tank buster! 😊

Oddly enough I was thinking of doing mine as Romanian for that very purpose  ;D  The other will be Hungarian, to confuse people, or Italian ANR. May need a third kit  :angel: 

It does look good in the box  :thumbsup:  but I won't get much done until Eduard hopefully produce a masking set and then I'll cross my fingers for a Yahu instrument panel.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Beermonster58

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 14, 2023, 06:22:16 AM
Quote from: Beermonster58 on November 11, 2023, 12:31:35 AMWith that big gun sticking out the front, it's just dying for a desert camo scheme as a tank buster! 😊

Oddly enough I was thinking of doing mine as Romanian for that very purpose  ;D  The other will be Hungarian, to confuse people, or Italian ANR. May need a third kit  :angel: 

It does look good in the box  :thumbsup:  but I won't get much done until Eduard hopefully produce a masking set and then I'll cross my fingers for a Yahu instrument panel.
I don't buy pre cut masks. It's an additional cost I'd rather do without. However, as for the Hungarian option, I was thinking that the Hungarian colour scheme option for the  Matchbox HE-70 was rather nice so, I will use those colours ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 11, 2023, 08:25:24 PMI wouldn't expect him to, but if there were two attacks coming in on different sides it might save time NOT to have to change the elevation of the appropriate gun.
The system was already complex enough without adding another aspect. It used three fixed reflector gunsights, one in the centre and one in each of the rear canopy bulges. The gunner would switch from sight to sight depending on the location of the target.

Pivoting the controller forward and back controlled the turrets moving them together in the vertical plane, the handgrip had the trigger. The turrets were indeed mounted on a drum which contained the ammunition.

The fixed gunsights  means that there would be no easy way to acquire and fire on separate targets.

Weaver

Me 410 turret system. Just what you need when you're losing the war, raw materials are in short supply and your ground crew are struggling to maintain what you've already got...  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :rolleyes:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

So THAT'S where DAF got the idea of the Variomatic transmission!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

That description left out the gunsight in the middle.
The system was first used on the 210 and it was
designed during the glory days before the inevitable
end became plain to see. 
;)

Beermonster58

Airfix's starter sets will soon be available at Aldi £6.99 each :
Spitfire 1
Curtiss Tomahawk
Cromwell tank
Cutty Sark
Jet Provost T. 3

Selection this year is a bit MEH!!! Still, might grab a half dozen JPs
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

The Wooksta!

It's the usual suspects that are out every year.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Whilst looking for something else on the Hannants site I noticed that they've already sold out of Me 410's (they had 17 on Monday). Looks like the surprise announcement has proved a hit for Airfix.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

I've been bought enough JP.3s by well-meaning relatives & friends that I could practically build the Red Pelicans display team by now... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 14, 2023, 06:22:16 AM

Not Eduard but I have seen a set of masks already on
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

killnoizer

This lovely hovercraft is BACK  :thumbsup:

You cannot view this attachment.

https://uk.airfix.com/products/sr-n1-hovercraft-a02007v
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

zenrat

Rotodyne is still not released.
 :angry:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 17, 2023, 09:07:57 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on November 14, 2023, 06:22:16 AMIt does look good in the box  :thumbsup:  but I won't get much done until Eduard hopefully produce a masking set and then I'll cross my fingers for a Yahu instrument panel.

Not Eduard but I have seen a set of masks already on

Might be Peewit. I'll check. Thanks Lee  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 18, 2023, 04:09:50 AMRotodyne is still not released.
 :angry:

Patience is a virtue Young One  ;)  :angel: