Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2024, 03:05:39 PMMOCK UP a 1/24 Sunderland?????????

That'd be a BIG job, in more ways than one!  :o

[Later] Ah, you meant the Paper Plane, sorry.

Airfix have made the 3D print file on-line to print it. Wouldn't it be easier to make it out of PAPER?

Yes, I should have made that clear. If we used a sheet of paper from an Airfix instruction sheet and the stand from a kit box that would be a what-if twist to the whole thing.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2024, 03:05:39 PMAirfix have made the 3D print file on-line to print it. Wouldn't it be easier to make it out of PAPER?

I saw that this morning and am still scratching my head a bit  :unsure:  Maybe the art of paper plane making has been completely forgotten since they used to fly around in classrooms between lessons  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 03, 2024, 03:05:39 PMMOCK UP a 1/24 Sunderland?????????

Airfix have made the 3D print file on-line to print it. Wouldn't it be easier to make it out of PAPER?
No, because the joke is a scale model of a paper airplane made out of plastic.

Gondor

Quote from: jcf on April 04, 2024, 01:45:43 AM

No, because the joke is a scale model of a paper airplane made out of plastic.

And part of that joke is that its to a scale of 1:3 when any paper plane is sheet scale, the paper equivalent of Box scale.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

seadude

About that 1/24 scale Sunderland  :rolleyes:  ..............see pic below.  ;D
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

For those of you who like helicopters Airfix are re-issuing the Belvedere in the Vintage Classics range.

On another note this months Airfix Model World which dropped through the letter box the other day has a test build of the Liberator as well as sprue shots of the Bulldog. Interestingly the Liberator can be built as major sub-assemblies which are brought together at the end. Useful for tight benches  :thumbsup: The Bulldog looks  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I hope they do some major upgrading to the Belvedere tooling, it was always terrible!

Sadly I doubt that they will. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 06, 2024, 02:39:04 AMI hope they do some major upgrading to the Belvedere tooling, it was always terrible!

That's why it's a Vintage Classic Kit  :angel:

Captain Canada

Looking forward to getting my hands on a Rotodyne. Such an awesome machine ! Thanks for the scans guys.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

The B-24 is going to get me into a lot of trouble with Mrs Wombat! :-\

If she finds out! :angel:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 06, 2024, 02:24:32 AMFor those of you who like helicopters Airfix are re-issuing the Belvedere in the Vintage Classics range.

On another note this months Airfix Model World which dropped through the letter box the other day has a test build of the Liberator as well as sprue shots of the Bulldog. Interestingly the Liberator can be built as major sub-assemblies which are brought together at the end. Useful for tight benches  :thumbsup: The Bulldog looks  :wub:

Chris we just got our latest issues of Airfix Model World here too....from December 2023  :banghead:  :banghead:
There's being behind everyone else but this is ridiculous 🙄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 06, 2024, 02:39:04 AMI hope they do some major upgrading to the Belvedere tooling, it was always terrible!

It wouldn't kill them to do a new clear sprue, so that it's at least an accurate model of the prototype...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 06, 2024, 01:39:20 PMIt wouldn't kill them to do a new clear sprue, so that it's at least an accurate model of the prototype...

Absolutely! They did that with the re-popped Bond Bug, but their windows are all flat, a much easier design job I suspect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit