Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I'm just looking forward to the Blenheim I (not too fussed about the IV, would much rather have had the V).

Some of the options on the Xtradecal sheet look nice but again, they show a stunning lack of imagination with some of the choices.  That overall black one for a start.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

There's a new Red Arrows Gnat two seater A50124 coming soon with poseable ailerons and landing flaps, highly detailed cockpit, open or closed canopy, detailed nose equipment bay. Size not given.

NARSES2

Quote from: Thorvic on June 04, 2014, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 04, 2014, 07:03:28 AM
The July (these early issue dates drive me nuts  :banghead:) Airfix magazine I received today has a build of the new tool Blenheim Mk I. Looks really nice. I have plans for at least 3  ;D

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X72202

Hannants have just issued a new decal set for it too !

Cheers Geoff

That will do me nicely for a couple of projects I have in mind  :thumbsup: As for the Blenheim I's I get. 1 will be RAF out of the box, 1 will be Belgian AF (instead of Battles) and I'm not sure on the third yet - perhaps Danish to go with the Hurricane ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

France, pre-war?  Might make for a head scratcher as we're used to seeing later Blenheim's in Free France markings.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

It would, wouldn't it. And in that lovely 3 colour upper camo finish. As they (and we) actually ordered Caproni 313's, and at least one was delivered, then it's plausable
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

There's always this...

I can visualise a mk1 as a mail plane or maybe flying doctor.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 05, 2014, 01:20:13 AM
1 will be Belgian AF (instead of Battles)

im looking forward to seeing that one  :thumbsup:
ive got a Belgian bird planned aswell when it comes out here  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 05, 2014, 03:56:57 AM
There's always this...

I think that 'Blenheim Car' was the basis for the cockpit that the Duxford guys putting (or have already put...) on their Blenheim. Nice to see that it survived so long.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Green Dragon

Quote from: McColm on June 04, 2014, 09:25:05 PM
There's a new Red Arrows Gnat two seater A50124 coming soon with poseable ailerons and landing flaps, highly detailed cockpit, open or closed canopy, detailed nose equipment bay. Size not given.

It's 1/48th scale.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

McColm

NARSES2

The Blenheim I is on the Airfix site as being out and available to order

http://www.airfix.com/catalog/product/view/id/595/category/15/

zenrat

As a kid I was never moved to buy a kit where the box art showed it being shot down.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 21, 2014, 06:00:15 AM
As a kid I was never moved to buy a kit where the box art showed it being shot down.

At least the box art depicts the normal state of a Blenheim I in battle. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

True.
What did the Airfix Fairey Battle box art show?
The airfix Ju 52 boat plane is the same IIRC - one engine burning.
It just seems counterintuitive to me.  How often does armour model box art show a burning tank or a car kit show it pulled over getting a ticket?
Fred

philp

I believe it is depicting the mission where Squadron Leader Arthur Stewart King Scarf earned a Victoria Cross.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Stewart_King_Scarf

Besides, maybe the artwork will go on sale at some point and this kind of art is interesting.

But do see your point and you are right, I don't think I have seen a burning tank on a cover selling that tank.

I have seen car art cover with people working on the engine, etc. but never thought there was a mechanical issue with the car.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies