Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luft46models

I did a turretless Defiant for John Baxter years ago but IIRC it was the MPM kit. Lots of Milliput to get it right.
I also did a pointy nose Skyrocket ( twin prop) for him but neither have been seen as published photos yet.

William in Oz 

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2014, 09:49:20 AM...Is the Defiant the oldest mould that Airfix have that's till in production? It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Surely the DH 88 Comet is older?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Got an email saying that Airfix are announcing some "VERY exciting news" at SMW 2014, which will be announced online at 1pm on Saturday.

There's a link saying nowt much really:
http://www.airfix.com/news/scale-modelworld-telford-2014-airfix-designers-reveal-all/

Let the idle speculation commence! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on November 06, 2014, 03:24:07 PM
Quote from: Martin H on November 06, 2014, 08:34:38 AM
A new tool defiant from Airfix is way over due, but on the down side for me....it will kill 50% of the market for the resin replacement noses I cast for Valiant wings.

Yes but Martin think of all those Merlin-powered Dewotine 520s, MS406s, P-40Bs, Yaks, Fiats and Macchis crying out for those castings!

Quote from: Martin H on November 06, 2014, 04:04:11 PM
I like your thinking Dave ;D

Yes now I'm thinking of a build I actually hadn't thought of doing!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on November 07, 2014, 02:06:13 AM
Got an email saying that Airfix are announcing some "VERY exciting news" at SMW 2014, which will be announced online at 1pm on Saturday.

There's a link saying nowt much really:
http://www.airfix.com/news/scale-modelworld-telford-2014-airfix-designers-reveal-all/

Let the idle speculation commence! :thumbsup:

Gotta be either a 1/24th scale something or a big plane in 1/72nd, so my guesses are:

1. 1/24th scale Beaufighter (Well they did the Mosquito, right?)

2. 1/72nd scale Victor B.2 to make the V-bomber "triad". (Might be why Revell are putting the old Matchbox kit out again even though they deleted and discounted it a few years back)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

My predictions for 1/72 stuff to be announced at SMW today:

Shackleton AEW2
new Hunter
Metal-wing Hurricane I
new Defiant
new Heinkel 111
new Junkers 88
(Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary next year)
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

New Battle of Britain aircraft accurately depicting what you see in the movie...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on November 08, 2014, 01:08:15 AM

Shackleton AEW2
new Hunter
Metal-wing Hurricane I
new Defiant
new Heinkel 111
new Junkers 88

OK two right although the Defiant was a no-brainer given the Aifix 2015 calendar.

zenrat

Well done.  You do racing tips too?
;D
Fred

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on November 08, 2014, 05:27:00 AM
You do racing tips too?

PG Tips and Q-Tips only, sorry.

Captain Canada

Quote from: kitbasher on November 08, 2014, 01:08:15 AM

Shackleton AEW2
new Hunter
Metal-wing Hurricane I
new Defiant
new Heinkel 111
new Junkers 88

All to be seen in Canada in 2018  :thumbsup: :banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Spey_Phantom

the new SeaKing HC.4 for 2015 looks promising, would look great next to the Revell version.
its about time they came up with a new tool for the Seaking to  :mellow:

http://www.airfix.com/news/airfix-2015-ipms-scale-modelworld-announcement/
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitnut617

Gudamnit !   :banghead: :banghead:  that's just made my Airwaves conversion redundant --   :banghead: :banghead:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nils on November 08, 2014, 08:09:27 AM
the new SeaKing HC.4 for 2015 looks promising, would look great next to the Revell version.
its about time they came up with a new tool for the Seaking to  :mellow:

http://www.airfix.com/news/airfix-2015-ipms-scale-modelworld-announcement/

From interrogation of a VERY unhelpful (and rather arrogant) Airfix stand rep, it would seem that a 'real' Sea King will following on behind the HC4 before much longer.

The young man concerned, who was considerably younger than any Sea Kings currently flying, just wasn't interested in anything that any of the crowds of modellers said, he just kept on giving us 'the company line'. Ref the He111-P, I asked why did they chose the P rather than the much more common H, and he said they felt they needed to be different from 'existing He111 models', whereas the REAL answer, as mentioned on the website, is because there was a restored P in Norway that they cold 3D scan. He did make one slip, which would indicate that an H may be forthcoming as the engines break at the RW bulkhead joint.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on November 08, 2014, 02:12:07 AM
New Battle of Britain aircraft accurately depicting what you see in the movie...

Funnily enough there were some new Special Hobby kits on the Hannants stand of Ha.1112 Buchons in Luftwaffe markings described as "movie star Buchons": http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SH72311
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones