Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Thorvic on March 12, 2015, 01:12:19 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on March 12, 2015, 07:34:18 AM
Shackleton sneak view is interesting.

Anyone know when the Swift is due in the UK ? (Officially that is  :rolleyes:)

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/supermarine-swift-f-r-mk5-1-72.html

8th of May offically

Cheers Geoff - VE Day
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Factory shop sale for one weekend:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Supertom

Quote from: Weaver on March 23, 2015, 05:42:26 AM

Don't tease me, bro.  :-\
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 23, 2015, 05:42:26 AM

Yes, handy if you're in the SE. Anywhere else and it's a LONG way.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Disappointing to get the email about the factory sale when you live in New Zealand!!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

JayBee

Just about as bad when you live in God's country (Scotland).

Puts on helmet and flack jacket, and dives for cover.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

scooter

Quote from: JayBee on March 25, 2015, 12:59:36 PM
Just about as bad when you live in God's country (Scotland).

Puts on helmet and flack jacket, and dives for cover.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Or across the Pond...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

.... and on the wrong side of the Severn too.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Got you all beat.  :dalek: I used to live 10 mins away when Airfix was part of Humbrol, now it's five hour drive.  :tank:  And yes, the Humbrol factory sales were legendary.  Wuhh iz me. :-\

:wacko: :rolleyes: :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

It's Kent lads ! Flippin difficult to get to from anywhere in the UK  :rolleyes: I don't drive so it's a couple of hours on the train even after I've got into London to get the train.

Seriously apart from the Medway towns,other commuter areas and the links to the Continent the transport links in the county are Dickensian. Once you get east of Canterbury, Chaucer would recognise the road net. People from the rest of the country don't realise just how rural and in some places poor the county is, especially around the old pit districts.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

The problem with the transport links in the South of England is that they are too Londoncentric.
Going from anywhere to London?  Fine.
But if you want to go East-West than you're on Neanderthal tracks (as a friend once memorably described the A272).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 26, 2015, 01:54:47 AM
People from the rest of the country don't realise just how rural and in some places poor the county is, especially around the old pit districts.

That describes the Forest of Dean exactly...........

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Got an e-mail from Airfix to-day advising that there are only three days left of their sale.
On following the link to the shop one of the models on offer is a "NEW TOOL, Hawker Fury Bi-plane" reduced from £39.99 to £26.79.

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/the-great-airfix-takeoff1.html?utm_source=Hornby+PLC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=329852_Airfix+-+promo+reminder+-+Week+52&utm_content=Great+Airfix+takeoff&dm_i=2DJZ,72IK,22VEE2,FKX0,1

No more information is given about this kit.
The only Hawker Fury that is in their catalogue is the old 1/48 kit, listed at £14.99.

Anybody got any info on this apparently new kit?

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Librarian

I'm somewhat confused about the 'new tool' Spit I. Have they chucked the molds of the previous kit and issued a new one?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on March 29, 2015, 07:16:42 AM
Got an e-mail from Airfix to-day advising that there are only three days left of their sale.
On following the link to the shop one of the models on offer is a "NEW TOOL, Hawker Fury Bi-plane" reduced from £39.99 to £26.79.

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/the-great-airfix-takeoff1.html?utm_source=Hornby+PLC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=329852_Airfix+-+promo+reminder+-+Week+52&utm_content=Great+Airfix+takeoff&dm_i=2DJZ,72IK,22VEE2,FKX0,1

No more information is given about this kit.
The only Hawker Fury that is in their catalogue is the old 1/48 kit, listed at £14.99.

Anybody got any info on this apparently new kit?

It's not a kit Jim, it's a Corgi model so presumably it's a die cast. If you keep on clicking on the various pics of that that show eventually it shows some Corgi boxes on the left hand side. And it's only 1/72 scale too, so it's EXPENSIVE!  :o

[Later] I'm sorely tempted to add some Star Trek wording to the 'It's not a kit Jim' bit above.  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit