Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just modified my previous posting Kit

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I'm confused  :blink: Perhaps it's out of stock ? The 1/72 Defiant that is
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 09, 2015, 07:02:19 AM
I'm confused  :blink: Perhaps it's out of stock ? The 1/72 Defiant that is

That's my thinking of the situation, but why list it as being available as a pre-order which is what happens when an item is first released?

I think I may phone them on Monday to try and work out what's happening as if I could afford some I would order two as I have projects in mind for them  ;D

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

zenrat

Geez, if you lot can't get hold of them The Cap'n & I have no chance...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

I just spoke to a nice lady in Customer Support. Apparently there was a new computer system installed to support the web site and someone didn't check that everything was updated correctly! The Defiant in 1/72 is simply out of stock although the Dogfight Double Gift Set which has the Do17Z and Defiant is available.

Gondor

NARSES2

The Dogfight double Defiant and Do 17 is preaty fair value
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 10, 2015, 05:48:06 AM
The Dogfight double Defiant and Do 17 is preaty fair value

That was my intended purchase a while ago but the store I went to was out of stock. Two birds with one stone as it were.

Gondor

KiwiZac

That's what I want as the Do-17's markings are those of the RAF Museum example, but I'm still yet to see the DD boxing at either physical stores or NZ online ones!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

He III is out on the website - thanks Geoff  :thumbsup:

Ordered mine yesterday, will be available to pick up at their local drop off point tomorrow pm

famvburg

Old Wombat

Quote from: famvburg on August 13, 2015, 05:07:53 PM
He III?

Forgive him, the legions stilled controlled Britannia when he went to school & he still, occasionally, falls back into Roman numbering. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 13, 2015, 06:16:08 PM
He III?

Forgive him, the legions stilled controlled Britannia when he went to school & he still, occasionally, falls back into Roman numbering. ;)

Now there's an idea!   A Heinkel  in the  service of the Roman  Third Legion ......but which third legion?,  there are  three from which you can choose.

III Gallica         symbol Two Bulls           Tertia Gallica: "3rd from Gaul"
III Italica          symbol  Stork                Raised for war on Marcomanni
III Parthica       symbol a single Bull        Raised for Severus' Parthian campaign in 197

Somewhere in my rubbish   reference material, I have a list of all of the legionary  symbols if anyone really feels the need for it.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

If using roman numerals shouldn't it be He CXI?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on August 14, 2015, 01:33:59 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 13, 2015, 06:16:08 PM
He III?

Now there's an idea!   A Heinkel  in the  service of the Roman  Third Legion ......but which third legion?,  there are  three from which you can choose.

III Gallica         symbol Two Bulls           Tertia Gallica: "3rd from Gaul"
III Italica          symbol  Stork                Raised for war on Marcomanni
III Parthica       symbol a single Bull        Raised for Severus' Parthian campaign in 197

Somewhere in my rubbish   reference material, I have a list of all of the legionary  symbols if anyone really feels the need for it.

You'll have to get Radish on the case, he's NUTS about Roman era aircraft!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Airfix Workbench announces a 1/48 Meteor F8!

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/5641/

Gondor