Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

That is one irritatingly laid out forum.  No wonder they are all so bad tempered.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: KiwiZac on September 28, 2015, 08:10:56 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 28, 2015, 03:38:04 AM
Although it would be likely be RAAF if I were!
This is an idea I can get behind!

I'm actually also considering RNZAF buying RAAF cast offs, given that I have an RAAF MR3 already.  See John Baxter's "The Alternate RAAF and RAN" for more.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

That reminds me that I need to get some decals for my RCN build before the new one comes out and I completely dump it !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Review and build of the Shackleton in the Nov (yes - the publishers must use a "take of the shelf on" date ?) issue of Airfix magazine I got today. Gets a good review and does look nice but still not my cup of tea I'm afraid
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Maybe not, but you could use those engines and props for all sorts of fun stuff  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I've got a load of white metal Shackleton props which I use as generic contra props. I don't tend to build multiples of multi engine types if you follow my drift, space reasons. However a Lancaster with those engines/props might look good ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That's funny Chris as soon as I hit 'post' on that last reply that exact thought popped into my head ! Great minds  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 30, 2015, 06:32:46 AM
I've got a load of white metal Shackleton props which I use as generic contra props. I don't tend to build multiples of multi engine types if you follow my drift, space reasons. However a Lancaster with those engines/props might look good ?

Sounds like your talking about the Lancaster Mk VI which admittedly did have a similar cowling. I am also sure that either a Lancaster or Lincoln engine test aircraft flew with Shackleton outer engine pods and props.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Someone might be waaaay ahead of you...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Captain Canada

Oh I like where this is going  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

RAFF-35

Does anyone know why the Airfix Bohlm & Voss bv.141 has just disappeared from the face of the earth? I can only find one of the new releases online,  the rest are from the 90's or earlier and I'm not willing to pay and extra £15 or more for poorer quality kits  :banghead:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Gondor

Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 02, 2015, 02:31:43 PM
Does anyone know why the Airfix Bohlm & Voss bv.141 has just disappeared from the face of the earth? I can only find one of the new releases online,  the rest are from the 90's or earlier and I'm not willing to pay and extra £15 or more for poorer quality kits  :banghead:

Airfix have only ever produced one kit of the Bv.141 so your going to get an old kit no matter what.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Yup beat me to it mate. Only ever been the one tooling and no matter how often you look at it the canopy glazing masking still looks  :blink: :banghead:

PR19_Kit

I've just read the pre-production build of the Shackleton MR2 in the Airfix Magazine.

It seems the kit has oodles of internal details, including decals for goodness sake!

Why? There's NO chance of seeing it as there are no windows and the door is the size of a fridge door.  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

Quote from: Gondor on October 02, 2015, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 02, 2015, 02:31:43 PM

Airfix have only ever produced one kit of the Bv.141 so your going to get an old kit no matter what.

Gondor

Ahh poop, OK thanks for that, but aren't the decals still rubbish with the older ones? And they still cost £15-£20 more than the new release does.... It just puzzles me why there is only one bv.141 at a reasonable price on the entire interweb, like, where have they disappeared???  :banghead:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up