Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 21, 2015, 02:36:04 PM
...It has an American engine, wrong prop and smoke generators, but still...
Good paint job though.
:thumbsup:

I'm eagerly awaiting a new 1/72 zeppelin to accompany the BE.2c.  Dogfight double anyone?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

KiwiZac

Maybe that's the "BIG" announcement they've teased for Telford?  :lol:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Leading Observer

I see the 1/48 Meteor, Lightning and Defiant are up for pre-order on the Airfix shop, together with the 1/24 Mossie
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

zenrat

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 22, 2015, 02:12:03 PM
Maybe that's the "BIG" announcement they've teased for Telford?  :lol:

Hope so.  And given the way they engineer their new moulds it'll have full interior frames and gasbags rather than just be 2 hollow  halves glued together.

I'm kidding myself aren't I?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2015, 01:24:49 AM
Quote from: KiwiZac on October 22, 2015, 02:12:03 PM
Maybe that's the "BIG" announcement they've teased for Telford?  :lol:

Hope so.  And given the way they engineer their new moulds it'll have full interior frames and gasbags rather than just be 2 hollow  halves glued together.

I'm kidding myself aren't I?

Mmmm... probably just a tad... ;)

Though someone, somewhere, will be plotting a scratchbuild of that very thing...  :rolleyes:

(Possibly Adam Savage...)

zenrat

I've toyed with the idea of scratchbuilding a zeppelin.
The amount of styrene sheet needed puts me off.
Fred

rickshaw

Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2015, 03:34:09 AM
I've toyed with the idea of scratchbuilding a zeppelin.
The amount of styrene sheet needed puts me off.

Do it with cloth and/or tissue paper instead.  Much cheaper and more accurate with the correct level of "sag".  Build the frame from balsa and/or plasticard.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Until recently the Barnes Wallis Hut at the Elvington Airfiled Museum had quite a good 1/72 model collection in glass cases arranged down the centre of the hut.

On the top of the case, mid-way down the hut, was a Wellington with some 'fabric' removed so you could see the geodetic structure and the label for the model mentioned that the geodetic idea was developed by Barnes Wallis when he was building the R100 airship, and it said 'If you look above you there is a model of the R100 to the same scale as the Wellington model', and sure enough there was!

As the real thing was 720 feet long the model was TEN feet long..............  :o :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I think i'd need a bigger bench...
Fred

Spey_Phantom

Airfix's 1/72 Shackleton MR2 has been sighted in the shops here, but €54 seems a bit steap for me  :-\
i think im gonna wait for the Revell kit to come out, otherwise the missus is gonna kill me  :o
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

The Revell kit isn't much cheaper and the wings are supposedly wrong too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

KiwiZac

Getting the Airfix Shack from Hannants would've set me back close to NZ$140 including postage - a couple have popped up on TradeMe (our eBay) for NZ$100 and are very tempting, but I think I'll just give Sam a Christmas wishlist with the same boxart over and over again on it!!

I'm counting down to SMW and their BIG announcement, but we all know it'll just be a 1/24 TSR.2. Seriously (and intriguingly) though, a poster at ATF had this to say in the Airfix magazine thread:
Quote from: johni044Not seen it mentioned here yet but on Page 25 of the December issue is a full page advert an Airfix 2016 Yearbook available from 12th November and the front page refers to a "Type History" section above a HP Victor.
I wonder 
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 04, 2015, 01:51:58 PM
...I'm counting down to SMW and their BIG announcement, but we all know it'll just be a 1/24 Rotodyne...
[/quote]
;D

A Victor.  How does that tie in with their announcement "no new moulds unless we can scan a survivor or use original drawings"?
Fred

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2015, 02:21:42 AM

A Victor.  How does that tie in with their announcement "no new moulds unless we can scan a survivor or use original drawings"?

There are surviving Victors. And I'd be very surprised if the drawings weren't in an archive somewhere.