Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Lots of nice goodies in the Winter sale ! Especially for the diorama gang.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Same offer applies as before if anyone abroad wants anything from the sale, BTW.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Thanks H.  I have no money left now though having spent it all on an extremely heavy xmas present for Mrs z.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2015, 10:01:51 PM
Thanks H.  I have no money left now though having spent it all on an extremely heavy xmas present for Mrs z.

Treat it as an investment  :wacko: Often thought on that basis you should get tax relief on the better halve's Xmas pressie  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Interesting that the winter sale also includes the only three Club Exclusive kits left in stock. Suspect they're clearing the decks for a re-vamp.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Blimey, the big 1/12 scale Bentley Speed Six is £50 off the full price!  :o

Just about half price, not that I need one, for some reason there's one in The Loft.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

I am ssooooooooo tempted by the 1/48 Merlin......or two.....at that price two still be cheaper than what they sell for in Hobbycraft......few other things i like......don't need but like........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Go on Hank it is the season of goodwill after all but remember to tell the Mrs that before you get them ? Or use the typically female ploy of saying "but think of the money I saved dear" as they come home from the Jan sales  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

If anyone wanted to pad out their order to get free postage (£30 minimum) I'm interested in a 1/48 Gnat.

We could exchange kits for cash later this year.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 24, 2015, 01:03:13 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 23, 2015, 10:01:51 PM

Treat it as an investment  :wacko: Often thought on that basis you should get tax relief on the better halve's Xmas pressie  :rolleyes:

It's a cast concrete garden bench.  By the feel of it they used the highest density (gravity plating spec) unobtanium re-bar they could find.
I suppose it is an investment because after all the hints if I didn't deliver i'd have been in trub.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on December 27, 2015, 01:38:52 PM
If anyone wanted to pad out their order to get free postage (£30 minimum) I'm interested in a 1/48 Gnat.

We could exchange kits for cash later this year.

I'd be up for that: I've just been thinking that there's one or two things I'd like, but not enough to make the £30 (and they're mostly not cheap enough to re-sell either...)

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Does anyone besides Nick want to put together a composite order from the Airfix sale in order to get over the £30 free postage limit? If so, let me know ASAP because the sale ends on Monday (4th) at 4.30pm. Bear in mind that it doesn't have to actually be something from the sale: orders from across the website are all collated onto one purchase.

Winter Sale: http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/winter-sale.html?

Last Chance Sale: http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/shop/last-chance-to-buy.html

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Okay, I will be putting an order on the Airfix website just after midnight, so if you want anything but the postage is putting you off, now's your chance to bulk it up in my £30+ free postage order.

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

I`ll take a pair of Darings  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 05, 2016, 05:29:44 PM
I`ll take a pair of Darings  :thumbsup:

Seriously? It's a HUGE box and the postage is going to be a bitch, even if I do it.

- Indiana Jones