Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Quote from: Thorvic on October 10, 2016, 01:33:11 AM
On the Airfix Facebook page some time ago there was picture of a rather specific Hanger interior where the Airfix team were doing Lidar, and it was worked out the Hanger was Duxford one and that a Sea Fury was the aircraft in that specific location at the time. Nothing more to go on as yet.
I remember that photo. I was tremendously excited because there were so many options in that hangar. From memory Phantom XV474 is resident there, for example. But after that initial tease they went dead silent about it.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Librarian on October 10, 2016, 04:42:08 AM

Some new airliners would be nice.

We should be so lucky....

But Airfix just don't seem 'get' airliners these days and Revell have much of the market sewn up.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

Boats Baby although there are precious few to Lidar.

Still think if they did 1/72 AA weapons they could clean up in the scratch build and naval modelling sectors . If they could just do the Boots from the rescue launch which I imagine is impossible  due to how moulds are done they'd probably  sell a few .

Either that or conversion kits based on some of their own back catologue from Airfix magazines .

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

The long-awaited and oft-delayed 1/48 P-40B came out last week (mine's inbound via Hannants as NZ's likely not to see it until sometime next year) and, overnight or so, the brand-spanking-new 1/72 B-17G was released.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Yup, got my Email this morning. Probably invest in one at Telford  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Librarian

That's good. The Trumpeter release was a curate's egg and needed work so the market for a new kit is strong.

Spey_Phantom

hope they scale this one down to 1/72 in the near future :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Old Wombat

1/48 Sea Fury is a must buy! :wub:

I'd also really appreciate a 1/48 MB-5 & CA-15, while they're at it! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

That sure looks good. What's that one fuel tank with the open end ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Think that's a recce pod converted from a fuel tank, though I could be wrong!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Wooksta!

Good choice for a new release, even though due to the scale it's one I won't be buying.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

I believe I predicted the Sea Fury based on my recent acquisition of two Trumpeters and a Frog.  Wrong scale though.  ;D ;D :o :rolleyes:

Quote from: Mossie on November 04, 2016, 06:12:37 AM
Another announcement, 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury:
http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/spectacular-new-naval-fighter-in-148th-scale/?utm_campaign=1585109_Airfix%20-%20WB%202017%20announcement%20-%20Naval%20Fighter%20-%20week%2031%202016&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Hornby%20PLC&utm_content=WB&_%24ja=tsid%3A71284&dm_i=2DJZ,XZ2T,2AQ9YS,2MCDG,1

They seem to be going for 1/48 in a big way this year.

Research, design and tooling costs would be pretty much the same with 1/48 as for The One True Scale but they can be sold for a higher price.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2016, 04:32:05 AM

Quote from: Mossie on November 04, 2016, 06:12:37 AM
Another announcement, 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury:
http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/spectacular-new-naval-fighter-in-148th-scale/?utm_campaign=1585109_Airfix%20-%20WB%202017%20announcement%20-%20Naval%20Fighter%20-%20week%2031%202016&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Hornby%20PLC&utm_content=WB&_%24ja=tsid%3A71284&dm_i=2DJZ,XZ2T,2AQ9YS,2MCDG,1

They seem to be going for 1/48 in a big way this year.

Research, design and tooling costs would be pretty much the same with 1/48 as for The One True Scale but they can be sold for a higher price.

Yup and with modern computer aided design scaling down should be relatively painless ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.