Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on September 30, 2018, 10:38:01 AM
It's the test shot of the new 1/72 Lysander III I'm looking forward to the most at Telford this year.

The Interweb thingy is now awash  ;) :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Now a 1/72 Lysander I can do something with.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 02, 2018, 04:40:05 AM
Now a 1/72 Lysander I can do something with.

Still got one in the stash and there is a plan, which I've written down somewhere with all my other alternative Austro-Hungarian Empire ideas.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Snowtrooper

That got me thinking about a Lysander in a hypothetical "RAF in Vietnam" scenario as the British counterpart to O-1 Bird Dog. Rearrange the rear seat to face forward and ditch the rear-firing MG, add radios and some more radios, hang WP rocket pods from the stub wings to make the spats even more intimidating? ;D

zenrat

Lysander wings are almost worth the cost of admission alone as they are a gorgeous shape - long and graceful.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

The latest Airfix magazine which dropped through the letter box this morning has a build of the new tool Me 262 two seater in it, although I don't think it's actually out yet ? Not sure I want this or not ? If I do decide to go for it I'll probably leave it until Telford.

The Wooksta!

There's some debate on Britmodeller if it's accurate for the two seat trainer - all the nightfighters being converted from said machines and there are different hatches, fuel filler caps and apparently the sill height under the canopy is also different.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 03, 2018, 03:00:56 PM
and apparently the sill height under the canopy is also different.

And I sometimes wonder why I don't frequent Britmodeller ?  :angel:

Apologies if that offends, but I'm afraid life is far to short for that, especially when you get in the second half of your 60's

king of men

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 04, 2018, 06:09:02 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 03, 2018, 03:00:56 PM
and apparently the sill height under the canopy is also different.

And I sometimes wonder why I don't frequent Britmodeller ?  :angel:

Apologies if that offends, but I'm afraid life is far to short for that, especially when you get in the second half of your 60's

Well, I'm only in the low half of the 60s (61) but I agree 100% with your sentiments. I just usually blow that sort of discussion off and ignore it. Not unlike if the conversation turns to midwest tractors from the Depression period - it just isn't my area of interest.  :thumbsup:
All hail 1:72!
Visit the blog at http://72land.blogspot.com/
Visit 72 Scale Aircraft forum at http://z15.invisionfree.com/72nd_Aircraft/index.php

Weaver

Airfix magazine also has a test-shot build of the Phantom FGR.2
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: king of men on October 04, 2018, 08:49:10 PM
I just usually blow that sort of discussion off and ignore it.

Exactly the same here, unless I'm feeling particularly mischievous  :angel:

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 05, 2018, 06:13:02 AM
Quote from: king of men on October 04, 2018, 08:49:10 PM
I just usually blow that sort of discussion off and ignore it.

Exactly the same here, unless I'm feeling particularly mischievous  :angel:

;D ;D Yes - JMN-baiting can be fun... not that I'd ever indulge in something so anti-social, nooo...  :angel:  :rolleyes:

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 01, 2018, 06:27:37 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on September 30, 2018, 10:38:01 AM
It's the test shot of the new 1/72 Lysander III I'm looking forward to the most at Telford this year.

The Interweb thingy is now awash  ;) :angel:

Still in 1/72 there's also the new Hurricane IV, but I suspect that'll not be a new mould, rather new parts for their [EDIT] (not-as-good-as-it-should-have-been-and-nowhere-near-as-good-as-their-recent-MkI) MkIIc from a few years back.  The new mould Buccaneer will go down a storm, although the resin accessory sellers won't be happy as their sales based on the A03055/A04049 kit will decline.  As for the new Anson (a Mk XIX I hear), that'll be good military/civil market fodder.

It would be nice to see a new Harvard but that and a Beech T-6 Texan will have to wait until 2020.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

I think something I'd like to see from Airfix, is a good DH Hornet in 1/72 --- with all the extra tanks and rp's which they hung off it
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on October 07, 2018, 03:11:36 AM

Still in 1/72 there's also the new Hurricane IV, but I suspect that'll not be a new mould, rather new parts for their [EDIT] not-as-good-as-it-should-have-been-and-nowhere-near-as-good-as-their-recent-MkI MkIIc from a few years back.  The new mould Buccaneer will go down a storm, although the resin accessory sellers won't be happy as their sales based on the A03055/A04049 kit will decline.  As for the new Anson (a Mk XIX I hear), that'll be good military/civil market fodder.

It would be nice to see a new Harvard but that and a Beech T-6 Texan will have to wait until 2020.

Allegedly you are a responsible adult in a responsible job  :banghead:  ;)