Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Oxford do a n-gauge Daimler limo. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

The Bev would have had to have left a week before the Royal Personage to ensure the limo got there in time!  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

deathjester

Queen's Flight AC-130? 

One hopes that Her Majesty remains amused...!

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2018, 03:57:39 PM
The Bev would have had to have left a week before the Royal Personage to ensure the limo got there in time!  ;D ;)

If the tour destination was in Europe, it would probably be quicker to drive the limo there...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Airfix are doing the Advent Calendar again this year, Dec 1 is a compo for a 1/24th car door Typhoon.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

AS.12

Quote from: Green Dragon on December 01, 2018, 05:30:39 AM
Airfix are doing the Advent Calendar again this year, Dec 1 is a compo for a 1/24th car door Typhoon.

I was rather confused at first until I realised that the days aren't in numerical order.  What sort of calendar is that?

https://www.airfix.com/uk-en/advent-calendar

Thanks for the heads-up though!

jcf

The majority of advent calendars do not have the days in order,
it's part of the fun.

AS.12

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 01, 2018, 08:30:37 AM

Well, today I learned!

In my defence we were too poor for advent calendars when I was young.  I just had to count the days to Christmas with chalk tallies on my bedroom wall

[ Hovis music plays in background ]

Weaver

Going back to Royal aircraft for a second, just saw this on Hannants:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ADTS7204

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Love the Dragon Rapide in that scheme.  :wub:

The Queen's Flight had the Herons when I lived at Benson, they had their own special hanger at the north end of the airfield and we kids weren't allowed ANYwhere near it!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 01, 2018, 01:36:59 PM
Love the Dragon Rapide in that scheme.  :wub:

The Queen's Flight had the Herons when I lived at Benson, they had their own special hanger at the north end of the airfield and we kids weren't allowed ANYwhere near it!  ;D

"I wonder why?" - he asked oh, so, innocently...  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

AS.12

Aha, found the paint reference in '"Queen's Flight" edited by Michael Burns.  On the Heron the flourescent red paint weighed three times as much as standard paint, couldn't be touched-up properly and cost £10,000 each time it had to be reapplied!  Considering the price of a Heron in 1951 was £37,000 that's pretty mad.

As the author notes, they'd have been better sticking with the Vikings.  Which made me think of a WHIF Royal Varsity...

Edit: or even a Pembroke would have been far superior to the Heron

NARSES2

Did that stop you ?  ;)

Anyway given your years I'd have thought it would have been The Kings Flight when you were a nipper ?  ;D :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 02, 2018, 06:53:40 AM

Did that stop you ?  ;)

Anyway given your years I'd have thought it would have been The Kings Flight when you were a nipper ?  ;D :angel:

Actually no, but we got it in the neck from my Dad afterwards of course.  ;)

And you're right, it was a King's Flight for my early years, but we were never at the same airfield in those days.

I've just ordered that decal sheet BTW, bags of Whiffing scope there.  ;)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: AS.12 on December 01, 2018, 11:56:20 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 01, 2018, 08:30:37 AM

Well, today I learned!

In my defence we were too poor for advent calendars when I was young.  I just had to count the days to Christmas with chalk tallies on my bedroom wall

[ Hovis music plays in background ]

You had chalk? In my day we had to pull a tooth and scratch the days into the rotten post holding up the roof.  ;D