Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2021, 12:57:04 PM
Quote from: Gondor on October 19, 2021, 12:17:39 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 19, 2021, 11:35:29 AM
I've just managed to get a copy of the November Airfix Mag Chris, and yes, that IS me in the heading pic of the Avon Show.  ;D

Not only that, but I'm standing by our SIG stand, and the one in the foreground is the CPAC stand, my 'local' club, and most of the models in the foreground are my RW ones too!

Fame at last.  :thumbsup:

Sure that's not infamy?  ;D

Almost certainly.  ;D

"Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it Infamy!"   ;) ;D

Rheged

A bargain for those wanting a clipper ship:-    RNLI shop offering    Airfix Vintage Classics Cutty Sark 1869 1:130 at £16.50 instead of  £33.00

https://shop.rnli.org/collections/special-offers?sort_by=price-ascending

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Saw that yesterday and thought "That'll be a nice size in 1/48th"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

I've been thinking the same Chris.  Not my usual scale, but I could be tempted along with the Chippie.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Chippie doesn't interest me, but I'll be waiting to see what after market transfers are offered for the Vampire when it comes out and it could join the couple of other 1/48 kits in the stash.

You at SMW Simon ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

is it too soon to start Airfix 2022 release rumours?   :wacko: :-X
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on November 05, 2021, 07:36:40 AM

No and as they won't be at SMW it's probably the ideal place  :angel: ;)

AeroplaneDriver

I heard new tool 1/48 Jag and Bucc. 

I mean I heard it because I said it wishfully to myself, but hey, a rumour is a rumour...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

I heard that they're planning a Skua and a Venom in 72nd.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 05, 2021, 09:25:48 AM

............... a Venom in 72nd.

About time too, if they do.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2021, 07:30:17 AM
Chippie doesn't interest me, but I'll be waiting to see what after market transfers are offered for the Vampire when it comes out and it could join the couple of other 1/48 kits in the stash.

You at SMW Simon ?

The only one I know of is an Xtradecal sheet with  RauxAF examples, with 601 Sqn (similar to the kit) and 614 Sqn aircraft. I guess there's a good chance they'll release later variants such as the FB.5.

I'm not going to Telford I'm afraid.  Hopefully I'll make the Halifax show if it's running, I've not been to the new venue yet.

The Wooksta!

You're not missing anything.  The venue in Halifax is so bad it makes one nostalgic for the old one in 'uddersfield.  A drab 70s sports centre with sod all facilities.  Flattening it could only improve it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Well Airfix is rereleasing their 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS1 (IIRC that's mentioned in the latest Airfix mag).  But what else next year?

In 1/72 (please, oh great god Styrenius): a Venom would be nice (but IMHO unlikely) ditto a new Lysander (airshows have restarted and the Shuttleworth Lizzie is airworthy, aiding sales).  Also Javelin and Sea Vixen, also a Sea Fury.  And at long last a Canberra B2 or B6.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on November 05, 2021, 08:46:19 AM

I heard new tool 1/48 Jag and Bucc. 

I mean I heard it because I said it wishfully to myself, but hey, a rumour is a rumour...

As long as it turns out to be a wishful-thinking-rumour-that-comes-true, I don't care how tenuous the rumour source is! ;D :thumbsup: :wub:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est