Airfix

Started by Radish, September 01, 2007, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: kitbasher on November 05, 2021, 11:38:35 PM
Well Airfix is rereleasing their 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS1 (IIRC that's mentioned in the latest Airfix mag).  But what else next year?

In 1/72 (please, oh great god Styrenius): a Venom would be nice (but IMHO unlikely) ditto a new Lysander (airshows have restarted and the Shuttleworth Lizzie is airworthy, aiding sales).  Also Javelin and Sea Vixen, also a Sea Fury.  And at long last a Canberra B2 or B6.

If the breakdown of parts is done right the Carberra could be either as well as the PR versions and even could be a B.8(I) which I just realised they did earlier  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

It'd need two fuselages, or cut lines inside the longer one to be able to do early and late Marks.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on November 05, 2021, 04:55:36 PM

I'm not going to Telford I'm afraid.  Hopefully I'll make the Halifax show if it's running, I've not been to the new venue yet.

That's a shame mate. Hopefully catch up somewhere next year  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2021, 06:55:42 AM
It'd need two fuselages, or cut lines inside the longer one to be able to do early and late Marks.

I do realise that, but with forethought it's doable to have separate forward sections.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

KiwiZac

Quote from: kitbasher on November 05, 2021, 11:38:35 PMditto a new Lysander (airshows have restarted and the Shuttleworth Lizzie is airworthy, aiding sales)
Not to mention the Aircraft Restoration Company's example at Duxford with the stub wings, adding another interesting option to such a kit.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

kitbasher

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 06, 2021, 03:17:22 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on November 05, 2021, 11:38:35 PMditto a new Lysander (airshows have restarted and the Shuttleworth Lizzie is airworthy, aiding sales)
Not to mention the Aircraft Restoration Company's example at Duxford with the stub wings, adding another interesting option to such a kit.

Good point, well made. 
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Other than a new tool Rotodyne i'd like a MiG 19.  Both 1/72 obviously.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

1/72 HMS Belfast lifeboat

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 07, 2021, 03:07:17 AM
Other than a new tool Rotodyne i'd like a MiG 19.  Both 1/72 obviously.

Given they've done recent tooling's of the 15 and 17 they may well do one. Doubt if they'd do a 21 as the Eduard kit is the "bee's knees" in that department.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 06, 2021, 07:01:37 AM
Quote from: Mossie on November 05, 2021, 04:55:36 PM

I'm not going to Telford I'm afraid.  Hopefully I'll make the Halifax show if it's running, I've not been to the new venue yet.

That's a shame mate. Hopefully catch up somewhere next year  :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Is there any news on the Shorts Sunderland and Stirling as new releases?

KiwiZac

Quote from: McColm on November 08, 2021, 09:50:20 AM
Both make perfect sense so I'll say they're not happening!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Quote from: KiwiZac on November 08, 2021, 06:56:15 PM
Quote from: McColm on November 08, 2021, 09:50:20 AM
Both make perfect sense so I'll say they're not happening!

Unless they drop promises faster than an mp after election they'll need either plans or aircraft to LIDAR.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

When has Airfix hinted at new Sunderland and/or Stirling moulds (or is Mr McColm making rumour mischief  ;))?

IIRC Italeri did a Stirling a few years ago - and didn't they market a variant of the Special Hobby Sunderland, too?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Can't see Airfix doing either a Stirling or Sunderland in the near future.  The potential market either has the old Airfix ones in the stash or the Italeri ones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic